So im not a big fan of the way most metal bands do there vocals. Does anyone know any metal bands that have more melodic singing? Possible all instrumental artists as well? any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by AlienLizardKing at Jan 26, 2012,
Recommendation thread is at the top of the page, although I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. Melodic vocals remind me bands like As I Lay Crying, and *insert moderately humorous mocking band name here*
Look under the heavy metal, speed metal, and power metal sections of this thread here

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1388287

And keep any more requests for bands in there too. Cheers!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Quote by severed-metal
Recommendation thread is at the top of the page, although I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. Melodic vocals remind me bands like As I Lay Crying, and *insert moderately humorous mocking band name here*

Opeth have a mix.

The new mastodon is mostly clean.

Type O Negative has Low but clean vox
Well, theres ALOT of metal bands that dont do pigsquealing or "Death metal" vocals if thats what your trying to avoid. Check out the thrash metal, power metal, progressive genre or anything else you may find on the way. Good luck dude
Helloween
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
I really like most metal in general, but as far as meloidic vocals I would say first Metallica and Iron Maiden.

Then, I point you into the direction of power metal bands, that all tend to have pretty melodic vocals:

Demons and Wizards, Blind Guardian, Iced Earth. . I'm sure someone else can name a few others.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Look up anything Mercenary did with Mikkel as their vocalist. The entire album "Architect of Lies" is incredible. There's TONS of metal bands out there that are extremely heavy but make great use of clean vocals. Nevermore, Kamelot, Mercenary, Demon Hunter, Dream Theatre, to name a few. I'm not sure what type of metal you are going for here because it's such a broad spectrum.
Member of the UG Conservative Party. PM cagnius to join.
My personal favorite Mercenary song....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au5vP7Qw_Ks

Mercenary does mix clean vocals with deaths though, I personally think they do it just enough and do it very well, so it may get you into death vocals a bit more to listen to bands like them.
Member of the UG Conservative Party. PM cagnius to join.
Scale the summit doesn't have any vocals at all. There are quite a few bands in the post-hardcore scene with a lot of clean vocals for at least half the track if you're into that type of metal?
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
ESP LTD EX-360
Peavey VYPYR 30W

"There's nothing constant in the universe.
All ebb and flow, and every shape that's born,
bears in it's womb, the seeds of change".
Quote by ArchitectFan
Protest the hero!!

Not Metal

Quote by ouijaspirit
falling in reverse

Definitely not Metal

Quote by severed-metal
Melodic vocals remind me bands like As I Lay Crying, and *insert moderately humorous mocking band name here*

This.

Alot of older metal has clean vocals, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, etc. Metalcore tends to have a much higher melodic vocal content, but very few bands ONLY use clean vox.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!