Quote by ChamsRock
3-D printers exist?

Yeah, a startup in the SF Bay Area has brought down the cost to around $500. My friend has one pre-ordered and is looking forward to printing the list of a jillion things he has written down that he wants to prototype. He gets it sometime February. I'll post some pictures of the things he prints out, when he does.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
i just built a 3d printer, its ****ing ace!
now extra flamey
my colleague in work was telling me about this today. pretty crazy. I can't imagine its gonna go down well.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

worth checking out thingiverse.com
and reprap.org
now extra flamey
Quote by sam b
Just let me unpack my 3D printer and I'll get back to you

OH WAIT NO ONE HAS THEM

I hope the idea spreads though, and that the pirate bay survives to keep feeding it.
Brings a whole new meaning to "You wouldn't download a car". Won't be long now before we're all downloading Acid tabs.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Brings a whole new meaning to "You wouldn't download a car". Won't be long now before we're all downloading Acid tabs.

"Duuuuuude... There's this thing NO WAIT LISTEN... there's this thing that... ready? that can... pr-COME ON MAN JUST LISTEN! it's good! I swear! IT can.... PSHT... Print objects out! Ahahaha. I'm gonna make so much cool shit with it like... Unicorns... and... Sea lions AHAHAH do those even exist? Lions in the sea?"

"Um, Mike, are you on acid or anything?"

"No, but that's a great idea!"
Rapid prototyping has existed for ages, it's used a lot in chemical industry. You just need a UV light, a polymer solution, a computer and a large amount of spare time aha.
Last edited by AdamG313 at Jan 26, 2012,
Quote by cemges
Printing a Gibson Les Paul...

You could print and old plastic airline

(Invalid img)

all you'd need is the neck, pickups and electronics.
My University is developing one... It would be cool to work where it's being tested, instead I'm at the Theatre Department blasting Bon Jovi concerts
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
I'm so glad I'm still kind of young, the future is going to be a good place.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
Quote by dubstar92
I'm so glad I'm still kind of young, the future is going to be a good place.

- Water scarcity
- Overpopulation
- Pollution problems
- End of the fossil fuel age

Looks to me like your future (and mine) is shit.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
- Water scarcity
- Overpopulation
- Pollution problems
- End of the fossil fuel age

Looks to me like your future (and mine) is shit.

Such negativity.
grok it.

SKREAM!

Listen to jazz, it's good for you...
The best part of this: that The IT Crowd episode with "You wouldn't download a car"
Quote by dubstar92
Such negativity.

I'm so positive about being negative.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
"Duuuuuude... There's this thing NO WAIT LISTEN... there's this thing that... ready? that can... pr-COME ON MAN JUST LISTEN! it's good! I swear! IT can.... PSHT... Print objects out! Ahahaha. I'm gonna make so much cool shit with it like... Unicorns... and... Sea lions AHAHAH do those even exist? Lions in the sea?"

"Um, Mike, are you on acid or anything?"

"No, but that's a great idea!"

Hey I can dream can't I?