i have an epiphone les paul tribute with coil tapping and a single conductor alnico 2 pro slash pickup. how do i re wire this to accommodate for the single conductor wire?
How is it wired up currently? Is the coil tap on a push/pull pot or a seperate switch?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Jan 26, 2012,
You don't. You take the Alnico II pro apart and completely rewire that into a 4-conductor pickup.
coil tap is on both of the individual tone pots for each pickup ie. 2 pickups, 2 volumes and 2 tones, each tone having push pull
Quote by JJlespaul
coil tap is on both of the individual tone pots for each pickup ie. 2 pickups, 2 volumes and 2 tones, each tone having push pull

Ok well the simple thing to do would be just to get a new tone pot without push pull on it and then follow the wiring diagram given by the pickup.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
so do you want to be able to split the alnico II?

like Al said, it'd mean taking apart your pickup and making it a 4-conductor.. It's doable for sure, but it's pretty big task if you don't know what you're doing

you could just leave the switch portion of the push/pull disconnected if you like, or replace it with a standard pot. it just obviously means you can't split your alnicoII pro
Please, dont post three differents thread that could all be asked in one post in the wiring thread. thanks.
Quote by JJlespaul
how would i do that james? disconnect that portion?

the switch and pot on a push/pull pot are completely independent, so just wire up the pot like you normally would and ignore the switch portion

like n1ck said, head to the wiring thread if you want any more clarification, I'll help you out over there