Hello guys and gals,
Need advice on a small practice amp for my front room. I currently have an original Peavey 112 Bandit which is large in size and volume! Whats needed is a compact amp that will put out the wanted effects without having enough volume to blow the windows out. Should I go for something like the Roland Micro Cube or get a seperate amp and small cab?
Cheers,
JRT
get a cube 20xl. thats enough for bedrom and jamming
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Like the sound of the bandit?
Well, you're in luck! It has a volume knob and I suggest you learn how to use it.

If you need something with effects get a modeling amp.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
micro cube sounds like a goon plan. Only $100 and a number of effects. It isn't very loud though, so if you plan on jamming with a band etc it may be worth it to go for something bigger..
Fender Superchamp XD. Kind of like the Roland Cube, only it actually sounds good.
Get an attenuator.

TS, why don't you just use the volume knob.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Not this again.

Use the volume knob. It works. It works just as well on your amp as it does on an amp that is 1 watt. No point in spending the extra money.
Obviously you need to attenuate that peavey bandit to get that sweet breakup at bedroom volumes.
Got a Roland micro cube today. just the job. Side of chair ready to use. Good sounds at bearable room levels.
Quote by JRTelecaster
Got a Roland micro cube today. just the job. Side of chair ready to use. Good sounds at bearable room levels.
Happy waste-of-$100 day! To hell with the volume knob, the best choice is always to spend unnesacarry extra dollars to solve an issue that could have been done for free!
Why has no one suggested the Peavey vypyr?

Anyway you could get the Jet city jca20h with a 1x12 or 2x12 cab but we can't help you until you give us your budget, what styles you play and if you're willing to buy used or not...

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Quote by al112987
Fender Superchamp XD. Kind of like the Roland Cube, only it actually sounds good.

So true.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
try some out. if you play metal you are ****ed unless you want a modeling amp. modeling is the way to go unless you wanna spend close to 1000 from what ive read and heard. there is the 6505 112 but then they say you gotta switch out speakers and tubes. so who knows. my heads spins when i think about it.
Squier Vintage Modified 1970s Stratocaster.
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by surjer
I had a bandit 112 and used headphones with it no problem?
Wait, so the Bandit even has a phone jack? And the TS can't use it in his bedroom... why?

My god, this thread just gets dumber everytime I visit it.
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Wait, so the Bandit even has a phone jack? And the TS can't use it in his bedroom... why?

My god, this thread just gets dumber everytime I visit it.

he wants to blow money on gear. maybe a little amp is what he desires. nothing wrong with that.
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Thanks romeozdistress. As Ian the Fox is happy to Insult and be rude to whoever he feels fit I shall clarify a few things for him. The reasons I have opted for a smaller amp is I have trouble humping the heavy Peavey around due to a serious injury sustained in the deserts of Iraq while serving with HRH Forces. After a lengthy time in hospital pining, glueing and sticking me back together and a few years of psycological therapy to try and get rid of the mind demonds. I have found that playing the guitar is a great outlet and puts me in a good place. The peavey I have is in a spare room to save space and also it is an older model without a headphone outlet. That's the reason why a small amp is cool in my eyes!
I joined this forum for help and advice and don't expect to have to explain my reasons to my questions in detail so as not to recieve pathetic abuse from someone faraway hidden behind a laptop! If Ian the fox would like to carry on being rude he is welcome to come visit me and do it in peson face to face! Anyway thanks to the rest of you guys, you rock!
Thanks for the help,
JRT
Quote by JRTelecaster
The reasons I have opted for a smaller amp is I have trouble humping the heavy Peavey around due to a serious injury sustained in the deserts of Iraq while serving with HRH Forces. After a lengthy time in hospital pining, glueing and sticking me back together and a few years of psycological therapy to try and get rid of the mind demonds. I have found that playing the guitar is a great outlet and puts me in a good place.
Well why didn't you say so in the first place? Those are actually valid reasons to get something of smaller size and lower weight. Though your first post made you sound like another one of those noobs who are oblivious to the concept of the volume knob (we get too many of those here).

If you had mentioned that size and weight being the main issue instead of volume then I could have given far better recommendations than a Micro Cube, some a bit larger, others pricier, but worth it in terms of tone quality.
No probs but its not polite to refer to someone as "dumb" without knowing who you're talking about!
My real ambition is to make my own amp head, love Cathbards home made marvels. They rock and have more character and appeal than any of the big boys production amps I've seen. I have seen the Zt lunchbox amps and the seem Ice cool also. I have a disarmed landmine that I fancy making an amp into. Look cool and a good conversation piece for parties etc.
I really like my dinky Micro cube for chillin out where and when I want with my super cool Telecaster. With a cool amp and cab in the back room for jamming with the boys my life would be sweeeeeeet!
have you considered jet city or kustom defender half stacks?
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A