I am selling trading my 212 valveking, someone offer an epi dot.
I like dots, but the thing is he said the headstock broke off, but was repaired completely, so my main question is would a break like that be something to avoid? I don't know anything about gibson/neck repair, as I have just done replacements on fenders.
any help is a appreciated,
wtf no

a broken dot is worth like 50 bucks
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Quote by mike_oxbig
wtf no

a broken dot is worth like 50 bucks

it was completely repaired, again idk ne thing about fixing necks/ what it does to the value (would go down obviously) or the playability
Just stick it on eBay.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
No way dude I have a studio pro 112 and it's solid as HELL. I'm sure your amp will not let you down any time soon. And just think your trading for broken goods, repaired or not it'll never be as strong as it once was and will just break all over again with a good bang. Maybe if it was properly fixed with dowels it'll have a chance.
to put it plainly, the headstock is where most of the tension is applied. if it has broken OFF it will always be a problem. On an epiphone that's grounds for disposal, or in this case trying to trade it for anything possible. You have a nice amp, don't trade it for a shit guitar.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
I remember slash broke a neck off a les paul, got it repaired and he said it sounded even better. (in his biography).

So repairs can be good... doesn't mean the guitar is a write off
---
Yeah that's a bad trade. Stick with the Valveking, or sell it (/swap for something else)
Current Gear
-----------------
Washburn WI66 Pro //
Ibanez Prestige SA1260 //
Schecter C1 Blackjack //
Fernandes Ravelle Elite //
Wahburn HB35 Semi-Hollowbody
Blackstar HT40
Quote by Dunkelheit-164
Break the head of the valveking
then make the trade

i'll +1 that
Quote by stepchildusmc
well i have other amps i like better. Can't seem to get shit for the valveking tho...been on ebay many times, been on clist for months. only trades for black label 95 mim traditional strats, which is a no go those things are worth like 200$ at max
Quote by Dunkelheit-164
Break the head of the valveking
then make the trade

lol...consensus received