Im trying to learn a song and it says its drop C#...What tuning would this actually be cause my tuner isnt picking up on the sharps for these notes...? Thanks!
C# G# C# F# A# D# or Db Ab Db Gb Bb Eb. if your tuner cant pick up the sharps or flats, time for a new tuner.
Quote by blasian
Im trying to learn a song and it says its drop C#...What tuning would this actually be cause my tuner isnt picking up on the sharps for these notes...? Thanks!

Drop C#=
Low-High strings
C# G# C# F# A# D# OR
Db Ab Db Gb Bb Eb
You can tune the first fret on each of the strings to DADGBE
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
Starting out from EADGBE: Put your finger on the 9th fret of the 6th string, drop the 6th string to match the 5th string open, once the 9th fret on the 6th string sounds the same note as the 5th string open you are now at C# on the 6th string. From here you go to the 7th fret of the 6th string, drop the open 5th string to match the 6th strings 7th fret. From here it's just like tuning the guitar in standard, 5th string - 5th fret/4th string open, 4th string - 5th fret/ 3rd string open, 3rd string - 4th fret/ 2nd string open, 2nd string- 5th fret/ 1 string open.

You are now in: C# G # C # F# A # D#
Last edited by DoubleBassCrash at Jan 26, 2012,
Quote by DoubleBassCrash
Starting out from EADGBE: Put your finger on the 9th fret of the 6th string, drop the 6th string to match the 5th string open, once the 9th fret on the 6th string sounds the same note as the 5th string open you are now at C# on the 6th string.

Um no. 9th fret of the 6th string in drop C# is A#/Bb, not A. 8th fret is what you're looking for.

Either way, using a half-decent electronic tuner would be the best option.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
Quote by Junior#1
Um no. 9th fret of the 6th string in drop C# is A#/Bb, not A. 8th fret is what you're looking for.

Either way, using a half-decent electronic tuner would be the best option.

Yes, that would be correct, the 8th fret instead of the 9th fret, my bad. This is what happens when you do drugs kids, you make mistakes like me. Appreciate your brain, you only have one.
Last edited by DoubleBassCrash at Jan 26, 2012,