Hi guys,

I have been listening to a lot of Rammstein (Some songs more than others!) and S & M (Metallica - Symphony) and I was just wondering other bands did this type of Metal mixed with orchestra or symphonies well with the same sort of music? I love the way it sounds, it's just... epic.

Thanks alot
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
listen to fleshgod apocalypse, some good songs to start with would be thru our scars, the egoism and the violation they all have symphonic elements in them.
Hmm a bit too... well... I can't understand what he is saying! I need a bit more of a melodic song. I love bands like Iron Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, Rammstein etc. So not very heavy metal
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
dimmu borgir is symphonic black metal. they have a whole orchestra on some of their albums
My Guitar Rig:
Peavey 6505+ Head
Peavey 6505 slant cab
MXR Smart Gate
MXR Noise Clamp
Ibanez ts-9 tubescreamer
Ibanez RGA72tqm with EMG 81/85

Other Guitar Gear:
Fender Vibro Champ
TTM Guitars Devastator
LTD EC-200
I still want their to be melodic singing in so no Death metal!

I'll give you some examples:

Rammstein - Mein Herz Brennt, Morgenstern, Ohne Dich (shows it very well)
Metallica - The call of ktulu (S&M), One (S&M)

Basically normal metal, but with an orchestra or symphony playing with them/ adding in parts (Mein Herz Brennt chorus)
Last edited by UKMaster at Jan 26, 2012,