Well, it's not a divebomb (duh) but it sounds like one.
When I bring my strat closer to my amp (all satch-like) for some glorious feedback if I slowly move it towards it, the feedback sounds like a divebomb.

BAD-ASS

Ok, to the point. Will anything bad happen if I do this? To guitar or amp?

Running a Fender standard strat through a Green Rhino (TS) with the gain all the way up through a cranked AC4.
Just want to make sure that nothing will happen. Will it?

I also managed to get it to sound like a lady shrieking once.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Feedback can't hurt your guitar, no matter what you do. There's really no way to hurt your electronics without physically damaging them (like, dropping them or tearing them out), because there's no current running through them (you still wouldn't have a problem with feedback), and there's no output section (transformers, speakers) to blow.

As for the amp, you should be totally fine. If you were to run extremely high pitch feedback through a speaker at high levels for days without pause, you might damage something in the speaker if it was out of its range, but that's about it. As for the rest of the amplifier, it's basically the same- the thing that will damage it is playing below or above the range an amplifier is made for (bass through guitar, for instance), but intermittent feedback is no risk.
Quote by Guild King
Feedback can't hurt your guitar, no matter what you do. There's really no way to hurt your electronics without physically damaging them (like, dropping them or tearing them out), because there's no current running through them (you still wouldn't have a problem with feedback), and there's no output section (transformers, speakers) to blow.

As for the amp, you should be totally fine. If you were to run extremely high pitch feedback through a speaker at high levels for days without pause, you might damage something in the speaker if it was out of its range, but that's about it. As for the rest of the amplifier, it's basically the same- the thing that will damage it is playing below or above the range an amplifier is made for (bass through guitar, for instance), but intermittent feedback is no risk.

Thanks. Just wanted to double check.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
The sonic waves from the feedback will split apart the grains in the wood on your guitar on an atomic level.

Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X