Page 1 of 3
Okay so if you had the ability to create any guitar you could imagine would it be a specific model like a les paul or a strat (just examples) or would it be made of specific parts from different models of guitar. What pickups would you have on it and would it be semi hollow or solid. I'm just interested in what people like in guitars, also if anybody has done a DIY guitar build pictures would be appreciated.
Fender Lead One
If you do something right, no one will know you've done anything at all

Proud to be called Best Friends with Pastafarian96
Gretsch White Falcon.
fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I love the Gibson les Paul traditional some may not like it but it is my sound, not to mention it is sexy enough to give you orgasms just by looking at it
A black Squire with blue flames on it and an AWESOME whammy bar.

In my restless dreams...
I see that town.
Silent Hill.
You promised you'd take me there again someday.
But you never did.

Well, I'm alone there now.
In our 'special place'...
Waiting for you.

Gibson Thunderbird with a badass paint job. Not sure what colour, but something bright and captivating, like a neon green or a Gutter Phenomenon pink. Oh, and customized fret markers that look like eyes. I have a thunderbird now and it's fun to play (except for the constant buzzing which thankfully doesn't go through my amp, but there goes playing without one) and I think it would look intense if it were to be suited up.

Guitar wise... whatever Kevin Shields plays I guess. Fuck it, I'm a bass player first.
Quote by Alpha_Wolf

⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸
Airline 3P Deluxe
Gibson SG Special w/ SD 59's
Victoria MIJ 60's Electric Guitar
Martin DCX1E
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18
Bunch of Pedals
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
Quote by Alpha_Wolf

Flames!

Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Gibson Thunderbird with a badass paint job. Not sure what colour, but something bright and captivating, like a neon green or a Gutter Phenomenon pink. Oh, and customized fret markers that look like eyes. I have a thunderbird now and it's fun to play (except for the constant buzzing which thankfully doesn't go through my amp, but there goes playing without one) and I think it would look intense if it were to be suited up.

THIS sounds badass
1968 paisley fender strat or tele.
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
pointy and shiny.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Orange Strats are actually unnaturally good-looking, so an orange Strat with Maple neck & fingerboard w/ mahogany inlays. Black Hardware, white pickguard.
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS

I had the pleasure of playing one.. plays like a PRS, but without all the unnecessary gay birds and lame body shapes. I want her so badly ;_;

Daaaammmn that's one nice looking guitar did it sound good.?
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS

I had the pleasure of playing one.. plays like a PRS, but without all the unnecessary gay birds and lame body shapes. I want her so badly ;_;

GTFO
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Gibson '67 style Flying V. All maple. Thin bolt-on maple neck. Pelham blue finish. 25.5" scale. 3 stacked humbuckers, arranged Strat-style. Hardtail. A custom v-shaped, one-sided headstock.
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS
(Invalid img)

without the lame body shapes.

<.<

Black Iceman with red binding, OFR, hot bridge, warm neck
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Quote by Artemis Entreri
GTFO

Quote by Trowzaa
<.<

I'm sorry man, they play amazingly but dear god PRS guitars are hideous:

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess
White ESP SV II with a Floyd, black pinstripe (one thick one), all black hardware, iron cross inlays, mahogany body with maple neck (painted on the back) and ebony fretboard, and some nice Dimarzios.
Last edited by Wisthekiller at Jan 26, 2012,
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS

I must admit, even I think that one is ugly....

I like mine a little more refined. The birds have always been my favorite part. Truly is in the eye of the beholder though.

Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by OVER9000VIDEOS

(Invalid img)

seriously, are your eyes ok? Might wanna see a doctor.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low

Schecter Blackjack FR.

If I could make it my own, it would have a black binding rather than pearl, and there wouldn't be that silly inlay at the 12th fret.
Quote by 37 Narwhals

I already have most of my dream guitars:

All I want now is an Ibanez 7 string acoustic, and possibly a nice 12 string acoustic, and I'd be a happy little haunted boy! lol
SHOOOOOPS
...is my MUSIC as good as muh shoops?

Quote by sglover34479
You know life isn't fair when people like HB are stuck posting on a guitar forum instead of rolling in bitches and cash.
I would love a '65, 12-stringed rickenbacker, with a sunburst finish
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
I could dig a semi-hollowbody (like the godin flat 5 I have) but with les paul scaling. My hands aren't huge, and I can do a lot on that neck, but the body just feels godawful. The neck combined with the tone and feel of a semihollow would be a musical wet dream for me.

With flame stickers and a whammy bar of course
Page 1 of 3