Poll: Do you like to fall asleep to music?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like to fall asleep to music?
Yes
34 26%
No
43 33%
Sometimes
45 34%
Obligatory joke option
9 7%
Voters: 131.
Page 1 of 2
I have a playlist that I fall asleep to every night. So pit monkeys, do you like to fall asleep to music?

Poll incoming
Only instrumental otherwise I concentrate on the lyrics too much and can't sleep.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

yes. Mainly ambient stuff.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Usually Post-Rock or Post-Metal gets me nice and sleepy.

God Is An Astronaut, Fel'perc, Escape The Clouds, Jesu, etc.
Yeah, it's one of my fav hobbies. But I don't listen to the same playlist night after night.
I prefer no sound and no light whatsoever.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Sometimes. Used to be more frequent but I'm scared of turning over and breaking my headphones. If I use earphones, then sure.
I don't think it matters what I play. I can fall asleep to anything. Just whatever I'm in the mood for, I guess. The most frequent artists I doze off to are Sigur Ros, Daft Punk, Beach Boys, Beach House, Feist and Wolves in the Throne Room
Nah.
I would, but I don't for a few reasons.

I don't like to wear headphones and sleep, I don't have an iHome (couldn't use it even if I had one because other people live here), and I don't leave my computer on overnight.

It would feel nice to fall asleep to some slow jazz music.
I always do, I'll get in bed and put my iPod on shuffle. Usually end up falling asleep to some metal, even though apparently that's supposed to make it harder for you to sleep.
insomnia
Whenever the Will to Power, in no matter what form, begins to decline, a physiological retrogression, decadence always supervenes.
-Friedrich Nietzsche
I listen to a lot of the same albums when I sleep. My last.fm is more of an indicator of my preferred sleeping music since i just let it play all night.
Sometime's, but I get paranoid that my earphones might pierce my eardrums or something if I roll over the wrong way. Pretty stupid, I know.

No, I feel bad about listening to music but not paying attention to it and I feel like im wastcing electricity when I do this D:
cat
Only music I dont like. Even Satriani, i cant sleep to it.
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
I sleep to meshuggah or bob marley. sometimes just the radio
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
The most frequent artists I doze off to are Sigur Ros, Daft Punk, Beach Boys, Beach House, Feist and Wolves in the Throne Room

I was trying to fall asleep to Two Hunters last weekend but had an eargasm and got all excited and couldn't sleep. Life is tough.
Yes.
E-Daughter of Stealstrings and Flaxen Angel

Sometimes our fear of failing...
...Keeps us from succeeding.

I love Ryan
Sometimes. I used to put on slow ballad rock and stuff. I sometimes put on chill rap stuff like Black Star. Last night I just put on like 4 hours of Mogwai and it was ****ing cool. Trying to decide if I want to do that or Kind Of Blue and Sketches of Spain tonight.
Last edited by cornmancer at Jan 26, 2012,
Mostly just Post-Rock 'crescendocore'.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Sometimes I postpone sleeping 'cuz I can't decide what I want to listen to while falling asleep.
No. Black out and sound out.
Anyway, the song changes wake me up.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
Quote by due 07
Sometimes I postpone sleeping 'cuz I can't decide what I want to listen to while falling asleep.

so much this.
I feel like this should be a caption for a white people problems meme
For a while I would put my jazz on shuffle and play it quietly in the background, trying to expose myself to as much jazz as I could. More recently I created a youtube playlist of awesome music from films such as the lord of the rings, superman, star trek, avatar etc. but would begin the playlist with half an hour of silence so that I could get to sleep before it started - sadly it didn't seem to affect my dreams.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I wanna say yes, but I can't get myself to not focus on the music be it EITS or something with vocals. Every time I try it, I try to relax, but inevitably just let the album finish, put my ipod back on the nightstand, and go to sleep for real.
Quote by cornmancer
so much this.
I feel like this should be a caption for a white people problems meme

Lul. Yeah I posted it 'cuz your last post reminded me.
My mind can't handle listening to music to fall asleep. I listen and get sucked into it, making me less sleepy.
Usually. Only soft stuff, though. I don't actually fall asleep to it, but listening just before I fall asleep tends to be the best thing for shutting my brain off.
Last edited by Rockford_rocks at Jan 27, 2012,
Quote by due 07

Partly this. Half the time you're spending your night arranging your playlist and when you're going through it, you think to yourself. "Damn. Why the hell did i put that there after that?"

Whati like to do is to have fairly energetic stuff running first and then descending in intensity until it becomes ambient and slow.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
No, but last Monday I took an hour's nap while listening to a Swedish ambient band with very low volume through my headphones. T'was one trippy nap.
Never, I take way too long to fall asleep and I'm awoken far too easily
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Yep, I rotate three albums on a nightly basis.

Frank Sinatra's In The Wee Small Hours, the soundtrack from Aria The Animation, and Bohren & Der Club Of Gore's Sunset Mission.
Yeah, before yesterday I used Kings Of Convenience and yesterday I used the UGPR3

I just like putting on chilled out stuff, on a very low volume in a quiet room.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
I just like putting on chilled out stuff, on a very low volume in a quiet room.

Quiet music should be played loud. >_>
Only if it's something I'm not familiar with, otherwise I focus on the music and can't fall asleep.
sunbather is shit
Page 1 of 2