I'm looking to get a clip on tuner for my classical guitar, since it always goes out of tune when going from class to class with it. Any suggestions on a good clip on tuner, that also will blend well and not so big? Thanks.
I play guitar.
The Snark is great! It's cheap and quite accurate. You're not really supposed to leave them on while playing, but they look nice if that's your plan.
What Roc said. they can be had for cheap on Ebay. i think i grabbed one for $12.
Quote by Roc8995
The Snark is great! It's cheap and quite accurate. You're not really supposed to leave them on while playing, but they look nice if that's your plan.

I was gonna keep it on when I'm practicing, since my classical doesn't like to hold tune on some strings. Also there is a bunch of different Snarks which one is better or are they all the same?
I play guitar.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Korg-AW-2G-Clip-On-Tuner-105797070-i1448828.gc
I have this one, and the only time I take it off my guitar is to change the strings. Works great
Quote by Duane_Allman
Your gayer than me, and thats pretty gay.
Quote by Twist of fate
If there's blood on the field, play ball.
[center]
The
e|--3---0---0--|
B|--0---1---0--|
G|--0---2---1--|
D|--0---2---2--|
A|--2---0---2--|
E|--3---x---0--|
You just lost.[/CENTER]
that Korg looks too be good too. But a little more money
I play guitar.
Quote by BurningTurkey
I have a korg tuner but I think the snark is better.

i looked snark has a new one the SN8, might get that
I play guitar.
Only problem I have with the Snark is that the sides on the ball joint on the back break off after a while. Other than that, awesome tuner. Worth the money.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Quote by 3074326
Only problem I have with the Snark is that the sides on the ball joint on the back break off after a while. Other than that, awesome tuner. Worth the money.

I haven't had it happen yet, but they do seem fairly flimsy. The ball came out of the socket once for me and I thought I was going to snap something putting it back in. +1 with it overall though: dirt cheap, accurate enough for live tuning, and very fast tracking.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I haven't had it happen yet, but they do seem fairly flimsy. The ball came out of the socket once for me and I thought I was going to snap something putting it back in. +1 with it overall though: dirt cheap, accurate enough for live tuning, and very fast tracking.

We used these at work and we had at least five break, but they also get a lot more use than they do at peoples' homes.

We've switched to the bulkier Samsons. They don't have the ball joint. None of those have had any issues.. they're just not as well-designed.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Would the Snark be a decent alternative to a pedal tuner for someone who plays live occasionally, or would it be wiser to eat it and buy a Pitchblack (or something similar)?
I am a fake mountain.
Quote by DanTheHobbit
Would the Snark be a decent alternative to a pedal tuner for someone who plays live occasionally, or would it be wiser to eat it and buy a Pitchblack (or something similar)?

Snark

Most pedal tuners = way too expensive.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
I have a half-dozen or so Snarks laying around in my guitar room, and have given away at least that many.

Recommended.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Got a pair of the planet waves mini headstock tuners. Like their small size and they seem to work great.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
What's the difference between the SN-1 and SN-5?
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Quote by Dr Sixstring
What's the difference between the SN-1 and SN-5?

SN5 is less expensive, has no tap tempo or metronome.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by DanTheHobbit

I have a pitchblack and would highly recommend it for playing live
Hm. The Snark is highly recommended but delicate, and the Pitchblack is expensive but probably won't break with drunken handling.
I am a fake mountain.
The only thing I don't really like about my Snark is that it's a constant reminder that I need to re-intonate a few strings.

But that's a good thing, right?