I uploaded a audio file here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?lbtwno4hwbf64cz

I took it to a luthier and he said this was normal and I am picking too hard but even just moderately hard picking causes a noise like this? It is a new guitar, could it be the strings need to wear more? I asked him if the neck needed adjustment he he said he thinks it looks fine and the action was ok aswell.... I just dont really understand as my squire strat didn't do this nearly as bad lol.

EDIT: sorry seems the audio starts at help way :P also that is the 1st to twelfth fret.
Last edited by Ericthegreat at Jan 26, 2012,
Do you noticed if the low E string is hitting frets higher up the fretboard?
Sounds just like fretbuzz then, not really a big deal. You just need to make sure your intonated and raise the action a little bit, or your neck is bent. I suggest you take your guitar to get a proper setup, or look at some guides online on how to do this. What guitar is it btw?
It is actully a schecter hellraiser fr It is new if you think the frets are not leveled correctly I would get a replacement.
It's not the frets, it's just the way the guitar is set up. Happens a lot when you order a guitar online and they ship it to do. Is the Floyd sinking into the body cavity of the guitar? That could be your problem right there.
Quote by Ericthegreat
It is actully a schecter hellraiser fr It is new if you think the frets are not leveled correctly I would get a replacement.

If it's brand new AKA out of the box then the setup on it is going to be hit or miss. Take it to a reputable technician in your area and get a setup on it. If the frets need to be levelled, he will file them himself. That way, you come out with a nice guitar with a professional and great setup rather than a replacement that might give you the same problems.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Quote by Ericthegreat
Naw floyd is level. And intonation is pretty close.

Im talking about the fret wire, not the bridge.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Seems to be the fret out one, I wonder if the neck is warped.... Guess I might go ask another luthier but theres only that one near me lol....
Ok got it set up and now it sounds a little better but about the same, I told the guy the noise comes out of the amp and he says he don't hear it and that all guitars sound different and thats just the way this one sounds.... Do you guys think this is normal lol?

I think I am going to swap it for a replacement cause I have played others (without the fr tho) and they did not buzz like that.

I think action on it is around 5/64th already....
Last edited by Ericthegreat at Jan 31, 2012,