hey guys. im primarly a lead guitar player, so up to this point i guess i didnt really worry about rhythm.

i have a really hard time getting the rhythm/strumming patterns of chord progressions. im also trying to learn how to sing and play, and i have trouble with knowing when to switch and how many times im strumming.

so am i supposed to kinda feel it out, and strum it however many times for a certain amount of time and then switch?....or how am i supposed to be doing this?

any tips, articles, lessons, videos.. i should know of?

thanks!
no replies at all

am i really dumb?? or do u guys not know? no one else had this problem?
have a look a the 16th note strumming rhythm lessons on justinguitar.com, theyre in the intermediate course. He talks a lot about feeling the rhythm and then introduces dynamics and making your own patterns. After I practiced some of that stuff strumming just felt a whole lot more second nature to me. I mean I could do it before but it just felt more natural with practice. As for singing I dont know cause I cant but start with songs where the vocals are really close to the rhythm of the guitar and maybe dont sing all the words at first just one word along the vocal melody and then gradually make it harder as you get better.
Quote by knutjob
have a look a the 16th note strumming rhythm lessons on justinguitar.com, theyre in the intermediate course. He talks a lot about feeling the rhythm and then introduces dynamics and making your own patterns. After I practiced some of that stuff strumming just felt a whole lot more second nature to me. I mean I could do it before but it just felt more natural with practice. As for singing I dont know cause I cant but start with songs where the vocals are really close to the rhythm of the guitar and maybe dont sing all the words at first just one word along the vocal melody and then gradually make it harder as you get better.

thanks a lot dude! thats actually kinda what im looking for. any links/books/articles that will help out