i am posting this kind of separate from the NGD because there was a bunch of other stuff in there.

what i got was an Ibanez Prestige RG2570VSL. Has Dimarzio/IBZ pickups

for reference, and to show which pickups pic

the other i own relevent to this question is an Ibanez Prestige 3550MZ, which has a D'addarop Tone Zone, Red Velvet SC, and an Air Norton.

for reference, pic.

i see a lot of people who own multiple ibanez's seem to go with one being TZ/AN (like what i have in the 3550MZ) and Crunch Lab/Liquifire.

i have been A/Bing the guitars for at least two hours tonight and am pondering pickup.

my goal is to get the other Ibanez RG2570VSL, on par with the 3550MZ. so i was thinking i would do the CL/LQF, as the CL is voiced differently than the TZ, and the LQF and AN are similar which i like.

i want difference but utility for different things. but not too different.

i have them both set up, spent a ton of time messing with pickup height on both of them.

the factory Dimarzio/IBZ pickups seem to be what i really am looking for. my only minor complaints are as far as the pickups are on the 2570VSL is that the bridge has just a little bit less output than i would want. the neck pickup i actually really like.

i don't have a huge problem getting new pickups for the 2570VSL, but i am not sure how the bang for a buck is.

i am going to probably stay with Dimarzio or BG if he makes anything similar to what i am looking for, however he seems to make more PAF's than anything else. i don't really care for purchasing pickups, i have the money, but its hard to predict what i want.

i will not be replacing the single coil, don't even use it.

thoughts?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
bump.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/