Hey guys,

Im looking to get a multi effects processor so I narowwed down my options to two:
Line 6 POD HD300 and the Line 6 POD X3 Live

I basically want to buy one of them to get the tones to my favourite bands and effects, Which are: Metallica, Megadeth, Ozzy Osbourne (RR era), Van Halen, Queen, AC/DC, Mr big, RHCP, Gary Moore...

On nearly 99% of the forums I read everyones saying that the HD300 has better tone control and better audio quality but by the looks of all the videos on youtube, the HD300 sounds really crap except for the heavy metal tones but I dont play that kind of music.

On the other hand a lot of youtube videos show that the X3 Live are great for nearlly all the bands and criteria I need so, what do you guys think I should get and why?

Thanks for all the help

P.S I forgot to mention I LOVE the Marshall type crunch rock tone like for the intro to rock u like a hurricane by the scorpions or Guns N roses type music so please add which unit is also good for getting those crunch type Marshall tones
You could have carried on the thread that you made earlier.
The X3 Live has always looked cool to me. You should whichever sounds best to you.
Quote by itamar100
You could have carried on the thread that you made earlier.
The X3 Live has always looked cool to me. You should whichever sounds best to you.

Thanks for the help dude, but its still a litlle confusing haha
I haven't tried an HD yet but I own an X3 live and I will say that there are a lot of amp models you are never going to use. I would check out an HD in person if you get a chance, but I think I would definitely go for the "Quality over quantity" approach they took towards that POD series.
You gotta take youtube clips with a grain of salt, and be a little objective when watching/listening. First of all the audio on all youtube videos is compressed when being put on youtube. Also you have to consider the people putting clips up might not know how to eq things properly, they might not be using the best camera in the first place. Your own ear is going to be the best way to decide, no video clip will be truly accurate.
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Quote by guitarguychris1
You gotta take youtube clips with a grain of salt, and be a little objective when watching/listening. First of all the audio on all youtube videos is compressed when being put on youtube. Also you have to consider the people putting clips up might not know how to eq things properly, they might not be using the best camera in the first place. Your own ear is going to be the best way to decide, no video clip will be truly accurate.

That maybe true, but look at Neogeofanatic videos, he uses the X3 live and you can hear the great tones he gets out of his
Quote by GV8
That maybe true, but look at Neogeofanatic videos, he uses the X3 live and you can hear the great tones he gets out of his

But he obviously knows how to eq it, how to record properly. Not everyone knows hot to do that. Honestly the tone I get with my rig is amazing, I get compliments on it every time I play, but if I were to make a youtube vid of it, it would probably sound like crap because I am not good with that stuff. Thats why I said you have to be objective when listening to videos of stuff.
GEAR
Vox SDC 33
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Quote by guitarguychris1
But he obviously knows how to eq it, how to record properly. Not everyone knows hot to do it. Honestly the tone I get with my rig is amazing, I get compliments on it every time I play, but if I were to make a youtube vid of it, it would probably sound like crap because I am not good with that stuff.

So what are you saying? that I should go with the HD300?
Quote by GV8
So what are you saying? that I should go with the HD300?

I'm saying that you should use the vids to get somewhat of an idea of the tones those things can do, but go try them for yourself. At that price point I wouldnt go for either, I think in that budget the Zoom G9.2tt trumps both of them, but that is just my personal opinion.
GEAR
Vox SDC 33
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback