Page 1 of 2
I searched and couldn't really find anything so ...

http://imgur.com/bVD9p

I'm not Christian myself but I thought this was a great thing to do especially with all the bad light that the religion is getting about how they feel about homosexuals so this is a nice change.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
If they think God hates fags, wait till they find out how much He hates traitors.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Saw this on reddit the other day. Thank God (lol) there's some decent people out there.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Ah, My faith in humanity is just a little higher than it was
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
if you find this shocking, you have a warped perception of religion in this country.
#DTWD
Quote by Brownerz
I searched and couldn't really find anything so ...

http://imgur.com/bVD9p

I'm not Christian myself but I thought this was a great thing to do especially with all the bad light that the religion is getting about how they feel about homosexuals so this is a nice change.

sure its great, but the bible is pretty clear on its views so either they should stop cherry picking and follow their bible, or just drop the stupid religion all together.

if you cherry pick your religion folks, you are just making up lies for yourself. either follow the religion or dont. some people like to claim that because of jesus we dont need to pay attention to the first half of the bible. but not only does jesus not say to do that or no where in the bible does it say that (jesus also makes refrence to the OT), but without the OT jesus means nothing.
>religion must leave now and we must kill all the religious people because we are so better with morals, brb.. have to say hi to one of my many sex-partners which is standing in front of my door half naked with another man

anyways, what's the deal about it

religion has no negative things, the only negative about it is stupid *ssholes abusing it
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
sure its great, but the bible is pretty clear on its views so either they should stop cherry picking and follow their bible, or just drop the stupid religion all together.

if you cherry pick your religion folks, you are just making up lies for yourself. either follow the religion or dont. some people like to claim that because of jesus we dont need to pay attention to the first half of the bible. but not only does jesus not say to do that or no where in the bible does it say that (jesus also makes refrence to the OT), but without the OT jesus means nothing.

there you have it. biblical scholar.
#DTWD
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear

People Cherry pick the bible because they question it, which i believe they have a right too sense alot of the Bible contradicts itself all over the place...things ment metaphorically taken literally etc and vice versa.

One of the verses that damns Homosexuality also damns several other people who usually arent shunned away as much as gay people:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NIV): "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters, nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

so judging by that verse, the drunk is going to hell just as fast as the gay guy, and prostitutes??? All that sounds like something that would have angered alot of the public in the Era the bible was written which was written by man...so IMO Man had a big influence on how the bible was written...they could toss their own personal views in there if they wanted and i think the bible is filled with alot of that crap...because apparently Cutting your damn hair damns you somewhere in the bible...
Oh look, religious people who are capable of showing decency and sympathy! I've never seen that before.
I wish I was there with them.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
Quote by Blind In 1 Ear

Maybe they don't want to follow it exactly because a lot of it doesn't make sense in today's society, such as Timothy 2:16, "I do not permit a woman to be heard, she must remain silent blah blah".
The Bible was never made to be followed literally, I always thought of it as a guideline to live a good life, sadly that's where the crazy religious people come from, taking it too literally.

Quote by primusfan
if you find this shocking, you have a warped perception of religion in this country.

This. I find it sad that the majority of The Pit seem to think all religious people all like the WBC.

I have personally met maybe one or two people like that in my life. They are not common at all.

Quote by Trowzaa
Maybe they don't want to follow it exactly because a lot of it doesn't make sense in today's society, such as Timothy 2:16, "I do not permit a woman to be heard, she must remain silent blah blah".
The Bible was never made to be followed literally, I always thought of it as a guideline to live a good life, sadly that's where the crazy religious people come from, taking it too literally.

Yea, that's how I always viewed it to. I'm not really very religious though. My family is Catholic but none of us go to church or anything like that.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Jan 27, 2012,
Quote by AmirT

religion has no negative things, the only negative about it is stupid *ssholes abusing it

you cant be serious. there are plenty of negative things in religion. people who abuse it are only following what the bible literally says.

Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
People Cherry pick the bible because they question it, which i believe they have a right too sense alot of the Bible contradicts itself all over the place...things ment metaphorically taken literally etc and vice versa.

the thing is, no where does the bible point out what is a metaphor or not. it is written as if everything is true. this who "metaphor" thing was made up by people not wanting their whole life to be a lie so they cherry picked stuff they liked and claimed the bad stuff or the stuff that doesnt make any sense is "just a metaphor".

One of the verses that damns Homosexuality also damns several other people who usually arent shunned away as much as gay people:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10 (NIV): "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters, nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God."

so judging by that verse, the drunk is going to hell just as fast as the gay guy, and prostitutes??? All that sounds like something that would have angered alot of the public in the Era the bible was written which was written by man...so IMO Man had a big influence on how the bible was written...they could toss their own personal views in there if they wanted and i think the bible is filled with alot of that crap...because apparently Cutting your damn hair damns you somewhere in the bible...

man was the only influence on writing the bible. thats why it contradicts itself left right and centre. and every religion is different and they all claim they are right and they all dont have any means of providing evidence or demonstrating their claims.

basically, if you are going to put your faith in a book, put it in the whole book. dont just pick stuff you like because you are just making it up as you go. so you arent even putting your faith in it really. you are actually showing that you DONT have faith. these christians, while doing a good thing, are showing they DONT have faith in the word of their god. NOWHERE does it say "this is just a metaphor" or "please pay no attention to this part, it is outdated and we have changed out views. thank you-God". i just wish they could see that and maybe question their "faith" a little more.

Quote by Trowzaa

show me where the bible says "this isnt ment to be taken literally". show me where you get your guidlines for figuring out what applies and what doesnt. is the creation story ment to be taken as fact? what about the part where there is a god in general? the bible was ALWAYS considered the true word of god. its only recently that we have this idea that "its not ment to be taken literally". well then what is it supposed to be? why would the bible mention that women should be silent if it didnt actually mean it? it seems there is a lot in there people kind of brush off because they dont like it. again, you are showing you dont have faith in the word of god.
Last edited by Blind In 1 Ear at Jan 27, 2012,
Came in here expecting to be annoyed. Everything went better than expected.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Trowzaa

Tell that to the Catholics, really if Christianity wants to continue to exist, it has to reform and update, drop the bible completely and work out what it really wants to be.

But it wont because it's horrifyingly stuck in it's ways.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by shattamakar
If they think God hates fags, wait till they find out how much He hates traitors.

More like devout followers of Judas.
Quote by ePOWsa
I'm so glad to see that at least some Christians are understanding how to be Christians and not judgmental jerks. Makes me proud of my faith.

It has nothing to do with religion, it's about not being a douche to other people. Pretty disgusting how a certain group of people get praised like this for something that everyone else does on a daily basis. But I guess since they're religious, we should be extra thankful that they behave with common decency, God knows it's not something they've been good at in the past.
Quote by T.s.e
It has nothing to do with religion, it's about not being a douche to other people. Pretty disgusting how a certain group of people get praised like this for something that everyone else does on a daily basis. But I guess since they're religious, we should be extra thankful that they behave with common decency, God knows it's not something they've been good at in the past.

That is not what they are doing. They are just showing that not every religious person is a complete douche, like a small, but very loud, minority are.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by primusfan
if you find this shocking, you're probably not straight

FTFY

As a queer person who has actually been extremely negatively affected by American Christians, I'm pleasantly surprised by this. Usually when Christians show up at pride events, they're there to condemn us to hell and be hateful pricks (that's the way it comes across, anyway).

When you've been told for much of your life by people you look up to that the church is a place to look for support, only to be told by your church that you're going to burn in hell and that god hates you for feelings that you can't control, people like the guy in OP seem few and far between.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by ChemicalFire
Tell that to the Catholics, really if Christianity wants to continue to exist, it has to reform and update, drop the bible completely and work out what it really wants to be.

Because Christianity no longer existing would be such a bad thing

Let's keep it a secret.

Quote by ChemicalFire

lol wut?

Catholicism doesn't really use the bible as its guide. the catholic church predates the bible. it's just a part of a larger apostolic tradition. I dare you to take me up on this argument that the church's social doctrine is skewed. the church is further left than Barack Obama. bring it, bro. imma hit you wit some knowledge.
#DTWD
Quote by Das_Skittles
FTFY

As a queer person who has actually been extremely negatively affected by American Christians, I'm pleasantly surprised by this. Usually when Christians show up at pride events, they're there to condemn us to hell and be hateful pricks (that's the way it comes across, anyway).

When you've been told for much of your life by people you look up to that the church is a place to look for support, only to be told by your church that you're going to burn in hell and that god hates you for feelings that you can't control, people like the guy in OP seem few and far between.

True. I've never understood this. People really suck some times. I don't get what people have against gays. It just bewilders me. And it's not even just religious people. There was a guy, who wouldn't shut up about his atheism, in my history class last semester who went off on a rant about the "evils" of gays. I think he got kicked out of school after that. It was odd to day the least.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Quote by AmirT
>religion must leave now and we must kill all the religious people because we are so better with morals, brb.. have to say hi to one of my many sex-partners which is standing in front of my door half naked with another man

Quote by primusfan
lol wut?

Catholicism doesn't really use the bible as its guide. the catholic church predates the bible. it's just a part of a larger apostolic tradition. I dare you to take me up on this argument that the church's social doctrine is skewed. the church is further left than Barack Obama. bring it, bro. imma hit you wit some knowledge.

*shrugs* in my A-Level philosophy and ethics I was taught that Catholics took the bible as fact as opposed as something open to interpretation. God is without question, Bible is word of God, thus Bible is without question and all that. I don't really know much about the church's social doctrines, I know I just disagree with Catholicism in almost every way.

And the Democrats are centre left as far as I'm concerned, he's not really THAT left.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Jan 27, 2012,
Quote by primusfan
lol wut?

This. I went to Catholic school for about three years when I was young. (soon left because it was ****ing awful) But they never said anything about reading the Bible. When they would talk about it, it was mainly talking about the stories, and how they were parables to lead a better life. Not "facts" or whatever.

At least that is what I remember. This was almost 12 years ago, mind you.

Quote by ChemicalFire
*shrugs* in my A-Level philosophy and ethics I was taught that Catholics took the bible as fact as opposed as something open to interpretation. God is without question, Bible is word of God, thus Bible is without question and all that. I don't really know much about the church's social doctrines, I know I just disagree with Catholicism in almost every way.

And the Democrats are centre left as far as I'm concerned, he's not really THAT left.

That doesn't sound right to me. It is usually the "born agains" or whatever that take everything in the Bible as fact. I mean, I know a ton of Catholics that believe in evolution and everything.
___

Quote by The_Blode
Last edited by WCPhils at Jan 27, 2012,
Quote by AmirT

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_War_%28disambiguation%29
Derpy derp.

Quote by WCPhils
True. I've never understood this. People really suck some times. I don't get what people have against gays. It just bewilders me. And it's not even just religious people. There was a guy, who wouldn't shut up about his atheism, in my history class last semester who went off on a rant about the "evils" of gays. I think he got kicked out of school after that. It was odd to day the least.

Srs. It's like "Hey Christians, you realize that Jesus spent a great deal of time hanging out with prostitutes and other people considered 'undesirable' by society, and even more time denouncing judgmental assholes that you sound suspiciously like right now?"

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by primusfan

No, not really.

OT: Well, this made my day a little happier, tolerance is something a value a lot, so seeing something like this really lift up my spirit.
Quote by ChemicalFire
*shrugs* in my A-Level philosophy and ethics I was taught that Catholics took the bible as fact as opposed as something open to interpretation.

Institutional Protestant misinformation about Catholicism is still very present. I can tell you that that's bullshit. Augustine didn't believe that. Aquinas didn't believe that. I don't know anyone who believes that. I'd retort, but how about you defend it since you're the one making the claim? provide some evidence for catholic literal interpretation of the bible other than "hurr durr, my professor told me this and I just parrot everything they say."

I don't really know much about the church's social doctrines, I know I just disagree with Catholicism in almost every way.

shocking. "I don't really know what they think, I just know it's wrong"

well sure, but the current pope said democratic socialism is the political system most in line with church values. you're saying that's not left?
#DTWD
Last edited by primusfan at Jan 27, 2012,
Quote by WCPhils

That doesn't sound right to me. It is usually the "born agains" or whatever that take everything in the Bible as fact. I mean, I know a ton of Catholics that believe in evolution and everything.

Could easily be true, I'm sure that there a tonnes of Female CEO's and Homosexuals that are Catholic too. Just because that is what traditional Catholicism is doesn't mean followers of the faith HAVE to follow it.

Quote by primusfan
Institutional Protestant misinformation about Catholicism is still very present. I can tell you that that's bullshit. Augustine didn't believe that. Aquinas didn't believe that. I don't know anyone who believes that. I'd retort, but how about you defend it since you're the one making the claim? provide some evidence for catholic literal interpretation of the bible other than "hurr durr, my professor told me this and I just parrot everything they say."

Sorry brah, I went to School in Britain, it's illegal for them to teach with religious bias, every public school is Secular.

Quote by primusfan

shocking. "I don't really know what they think, I just know it's wrong"

Not sure where you got that from man, "I don't agree" does not equate to "They're wrong". Especially when I DO know they're teachings are misogynistic and homophobic.

Quote by primusfan

well sure, but the current pope said democratic socialism is the political system most in line with church values. you're saying that's not left?

That's considering aspects of the church that I've already said I know very little about.

Dunno why you so mad man, I've not directly attacked anyone. I've just said what I've been taught to be true by my secular teaching.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire
Could easily be true, I'm sure that there a tonnes of Female CEO's and Homosexuals that are Catholic too. Just because that is what traditional Catholicism is doesn't mean followers of the faith HAVE to follow it.

you realize the Vatican endorses evolution and regards creationism as pseudoscience, right?
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
you realize the Vatican endorses evolution and regards creationism as pseudoscience, right?

You realise this changes with ever new Vatican Head Dude is seen as the voice of God so what he says goes? He does rank above the bible true, but that doesn't stop the bible from being the word of God unless the Vatican says otherwise. I applaud him for doing so, it's the sort of reform I think the church needs. If I'm not mistaken his also pointed out that Limbo doesn't exist?

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire

I'd ask for my money back if that's what you were taught.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Page 1 of 2