Hey guys I'm looking to buy a guitar with a budget of 1000USD... I own a few strats and now I'm looking for something single cut like (les paul like) I've seen a few brands like Michael Kelly, Edwards, LTD's... I play mainly metal like Metallica and Lamb of God and I can't afford an ESP... so what's next best? Thank you... appreciate the help
Sorry man, not into Gibson... xD I tried a few studios and the absence of the binding really made a difference to me.. but thanks though... any idea on Edwards or Michael Kelly guitars?
LTD EC1000. Hot DAMN are those nice guitars.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I have a pristine ESP Eclipse II Im selling for right around your budget. Its amberburst in color. Its has SD pups (JB/59) and Ill include the original EMGs. Lemme know if youre interested!
Seriously, look at used guitars... should be able to find something decent new however.
BTFW: Where do you live? Where will you be making the purchase?
Your sig is retarded. Theres metal fingerpicks you can use to the same effect, thimble was a solid example. Its just a one string metal slide.
Last edited by StonedColdCrazy at Jan 31, 2012,
Hey guys, I'm from Malaysia... I'm looking to buy online... but not used... new... sorry but thank you for the offer...
Quote by wilson94
Sorry man, not into Gibson... xD I tried a few studios and the absence of the binding really made a difference to me.. but thanks though... any idea on Edwards or Michael Kelly guitars?

Michael Kelly are amazing. I own a JZ phoenix (60 of 'em hand made in the states)
and it is an amazing guitar. their Korean (or wherever they are made) are really nice, I know a guy who owns 60+ axes, and atleast 25 of them are michael kelly.

go for them.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
I <3 ESP's but if inclusive of shipping and all... it'll be twice it's price when it reaches my place... what about Michael Kelly Patriot Custom? Anybody have experience with them?
^not personally, but I have only heard good things about michael kelly.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.