Hey Shredders!

I am having an issue with very intrusive white noise and radio interference. I am playing an Epiphone Supernova through an MXR Carbon Copy, to a T-Rex Yellow distortion into a Vox AC15C1. When going through the pedals cleanly (as in, none are turned on, just passing through) I have lately started getting EXCESSIVE "fuzz" or white noise. Then when I kick on the T-Rex, I can clearly hear 1280 AM The Zone through my amp! I have been told a number of possible things, so just to give you more info, my set-up is in a basement, where it does get pretty cold. Any thoughts on what it could be? I have heard guitar pick-ups could be the issue, I have also heard pedals can do it as well. I had the set up for about two weeks before this started happening. Thanks guys!
Originally posted by the_experience
andrewfox5 is on crack....that is all I have to say.
I had the same thing happen but no pedals. Turned out to be one of my cords were bad. replaced it and so far good to go.
Sounds like a shielding issue, could be your cable like said above, could be lack of shielding in your guitar, or a bad ground in the guitar.

I'd start trouble shooting by changing cables, then changing to another guitar, then try to relocate your gear and see if it goes away.
Hmm... I will try that. Thanks guys! So it's probably not the guitar pick ups then?
Originally posted by the_experience
andrewfox5 is on crack....that is all I have to say.