I don't smoke but my parents do
17 15%
I don't smoke but my parents do
3 3%
I don't smoke at all
56 49%
Voters: 114.
Page 1 of 2
Well, I've been thinking a lot about smoking and shiz.
My theory is that it skips a generation. My proof of this is my dad has never smoked but his father did and my step dad has never smoked and his mother and father did. I'm not sure about my mother but she doesn't smoke at all. I smoke a lot and I put this down to my parents not smoking as it seems to have be glamorised by my grandparents smoking in front of me as a child and my parents looking down upon it.

So my question to the pit is, do you smoke? If so, do your parents smoke?

I think this should bring up some interesting results...Poll coming soon.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
I smoke, my parents smoke, my grandparents all smoke, my great grandparents smoked, my great-great grandparents smoked. Well at least one of them did.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I smoke, my parents both used to smoke, two of my grandparents smoked (dunno about the other two).
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Smoking what?
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
I don't smoke, my parents don't smoke, and my grandparents don't smoke.

Also, two of the poll options are the same.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by FireHawk
i don't believe there is a correlation at all

There may be a correlation. I know my cousins smoke and their parents don't.

Oh and I just noticed the last poll option is dumb.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
you are a real guitarist when you are not ashamed about masturbating to musicians friend magazine.
Quote by goth clash
There may be a correlation. I know my cousins smoke and their parents don't.

Oh and I just noticed the last poll option is dumb.

No, there most likely isn't at all.
I smoke, parents smoke, grandparents smoke etc.
My mate smokes, his parents smoke, his grandparents don't.
My other mate smokes, his parents don't, his grandparents don't.

There isn't a correlation at all. It's different for different people, nor should it really make sense that there's a correlation.

Quote by dullsilver_mike
I think TS has it backwards--kids growing up in a house with parents who smoke are much more likely to become smokers themselves.

That could be a possibility, I must admit. I just want to find out about this. I find it interesting who is more likely to do it.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
On one side my grandparents smoke, and all their children except my dad smoke.
On the other side my grandparents didn't smoke, and none of their children smoke.

None of my immediate cousins or my brother and sisters smoke (all though my brother does chew).

I think its a generational (real word?) thing, I think (at least in United States of America) that less people are smoking with every generation. I know this is different in other parts of the world from going to a very diverse university. I find less Americans (at least in the 18-22 age and going to university) smoke, while Asians and Indians have a much, much higher percentage of smokers.
Last edited by FireHawk at Jan 27, 2012,
Quote by Simsimius
Smoking what?

Exactly the question I was going to make

No tobacco, yes weed

no one in my family smokes weed (mother's family, my father's family is full of addicts)

My grandmother used to smoke cigarette and 2 of my uncles smoke.
Quote by VillainousLatin
Exactly the question I was going to make

No tobacco, yes weed

no one in my family smokes weed (mother's family, my father's family is full of addicts)

My grandmother used to smoke cigarette and 2 of my uncles smoke.

Generally I did mean tobacco, however the weed question does add a whole new dimension to the thread.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
Just depends on the person, my big brother doesn't smoke but me and my little brother do.
Oddly, I smoke. My dad didn't, my grandpa did and my great grandpa didn't. (on my dad's side)

My mom smokes, and her parents didn't. Literally everyone from her generation in the family does though.
My mom's side pretty much all smoke, (or did until they died/were put on oxygen) and the only person on my dad's side that smoked was my dad, and he quit at least a decade ago. My sister smokes, my mom has almost completely quit in the last month, and I have never smoked a cigarette in my life, but I do smoke weed regularly.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
My parents stopped smoking before I was born. My grandpa died younger than he should have from smoking. Seeing him in the hospital like that before he died ensured that I'd never smoke ever.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Ok, additional question to the original topic. What, in your opinion has influenced you to smoke or not smoke?
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
My grandmother on my mother's side smokes, and one of my numerous aunts smokes. That's it. Don't know of anyone else in my immediate family smoking.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
Quote by goth clash
Ok, additional question to the original topic. What, in your opinion has influenced you to smoke or not smoke?

One of my aunts has been very sick for a long time because of smoking. She can hardly breathe. I would never want to go through that.

Basically what Element just said.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
My grandparents used to smoke, my dad smokes, my mom used to smoke, but hasn't smoked for years and years.

I don't smoke. I tried it once, and I could not get the taste out of my throat, it was there for a couple of months.
Quote by goth clash

Parents smoked for a long time plus my friends. Peer pressure, basically.

Quote by WCPhils
I don't smoke, my parents don't smoke, and my grandparents don't smoke.

Also, two of the poll options are the same.

this and the poll does have two identical options!
My Mom does not smoke but my Dad does. I don't smoke cigs but one of my brothers does. My brother is more in line with my dad and I'm more in line with my Mom.

But everybody at one point in their life has smoked weed in my family.
Quote by goth clash

There are 3 things that kept me from smoking:

1)My parents never seemed to enjoy it when I was a child, and they constantly bitched when they weren't allowed to smoke somewhere.
2)My friends when I was a teenager all smoked and every day someone would ask me if they could borrow $5 for a pack of cigs, bitch when I refused, and bitch for the rest of the day because they didn't have any.
3)Watching my grandmother in the hospital with pretty much every respiratory problem related to smoking short of actual cancer.
Quote by Butt Rayge
Pretty sure Jesus was decaffeinated.

I'm just a hedonist without happiness
Quote by Trowzaa
I smoke, my parents smoke, my grandparents all smoke, my great grandparents smoked, my great-great grandparents smoked. Well at least one of them did.

Same here. 'xept my mom.
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
I smoke, my father smoked. Neither of my grand parents smoked.

Your theory is worse than Hitler.

And who kinda dumb theory is this? Who told you this utter shit?
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Jan 27, 2012,
Nah you're buggin
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
I smoke, my father smoked. Neither of my grand parents smoked.

Your theory is worse than Hitler.

My theory was the gun that killed Hitler. Or cyanide...Whichever he used.
Quote by GodofGuitar1991
Quote by Trowzaa

My brother works on cars, my uncle work on cars, all my nephews work on cars...

OT: My parents and my grandpa smoke/smoked. I'm pretty sure my parents still do, but they hide it well.
Because smoking is apparently genetic?
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
Cancer cures smoking...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
My parents both smoke (my mom quit a couple years ago) and both sets of my grandparents smoke still and basically all of my aunts and uncles do and so does one of my cousins. I hate the way it smells and the way it tastes and it just doesn't interest me.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Shit. I thought this was about weed.
Hey look, a stoner/doom album.

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

E-father of TheSPillow/Sam
E-brothers with Entity0009
Page 1 of 2