Poll Options
View poll results: Slut.
I condone this kind of language.
57 55%
I do not condone this kind of lagnuage.
46 45%
Voters: 103.
Page 1 of 2
What do you think of this word and words alike?

There can be 2 connotaions for slut: one negative, the other positive...but lets face it, society as a whole does not see it that way. And I don't agree.

1. A girl who has sex but does not enjoy it, who is used by guys and lets them do it.... She does not have the self respect to make them stop.

2. A girl who likes sex, so she does it. She probably is not in a relationship, and she equalizes herself to guys by treating sex the same way they do.

The difference between the two examples of what society labels as "sluts" is that one has self respect, the other does not. No one should be called a slut anyway, especially when the name "slut" is a purely judgemental and stereotypical one, and no one really knows the real story behind it all, which is pretty much always the case.

Slut: A slovenly or promiscuous woman.

1. Given that someone uses this term *appropriatley*, key word, I still do not condone the use of such lagnuage.
2. They are demeaning, derogatory, and a negativley connotative no matter how you use them.
3. People missuse and throw this word [and others alike] around so much and so carelessly that it makes me sick.

As long as you aren't cheating, spreading std's, or ruining relationships. I see nothing wrong with it. Who are you to say someone is IMMORAL because they like to have physical relationships with people? It is a complete double standard and for you to sham someone for enjoying physical contact isn't nice.
Last edited by guitartaber93 at Jan 27, 2012,
Don't really care, not a word I use but doesn't mean people can't.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
As the second option contains a typo I can't vote on number two. Therefore by default I condone this language.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
It means a person is slutty.

The word has different meanings to different people. For instance, OP's mother has taken 37 gentlemen in one night. Some would say this is slutty, others would say it's not.
The lake was silent for some time. Finally it said:
"I weep for Narcissus, but I never noticed that Narcissus was beautiful. I weep because, each time he knelt beside my banks, I could see, in the depths of his eyes, my own beauty reflected."
hehehe i jst like having fun lol
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
From the title, I though this would be about that old PYB moderator (probably his blog).
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
It's an abrasive word for sure and should only be used when appropriate.
There can be 2 connotaions for slut: one negative, the other positive...but lets face it, society as a whole does not see it that way. And I don't agree.

1. A girl who has sex but does not enjoy it, who is used by guys and lets them do it.... She does not have the self respect to make them stop.

2. A girl who likes sex, so she does it. She probably is not in a relationship, and she equalizes herself to guys by treating sex the same way they do.

The difference between the two examples of what society labels as "sluts" is that one has self respect, the other does not. No one should be called a slut anyway, especially when the name "slut" is a purely judgemental and stereotypical one, and no one really knows the real story behind it all, which is pretty much always the case.

Slut: A slovenly or promiscuous woman.

1. Given that someone uses this term *appropriatley*, key word, I still do not condone the use of such lagnuage.
2. They are demeaning, derogatory, and a negativley connotative no matter how you use them.
3. People missuse and throw this word [and others alike] around so much and so carelessly that it makes me sick.

As long as you aren't cheating, spreading std's, or ruining relationships. I see nothing wrong with it. Who are you to say someone is IMMORAL because they like to have physical relationships with people? It is a complete double standard and for you to sham someone for enjoying physical contact isn't nice.

EDIT: Now part of the OP.
Last edited by guitartaber93 at Jan 27, 2012,
Quote by guitarxo
I think the concept of sluttiness is stupid.

read: "i'm a slut"

KITTENS DO NOT APPROVE
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I don't believe in 'slut'.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
I call girls sluts when they are being sluts.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by guitartaber93

this.
dgaf
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
I try not to use it
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
It's a word that is on the list of words that are often used incorrectly (also on this list are words like pretentious, epic, and inch [when referred to ones penis], take note, we know). Is a girl that sleeps with a guy here and there a slut? I wouldn't say that. Sex is a basic form of animalistic needs. Is a girl that takes on three guys at once and leaves the place looking like Slimer had diarrhea a slut? You can say that.

Here's an example. My one ex left me for another guy. Is she a slut? No. She just moved on. Whatever. My other ex cheated on me many times, including her spiel on New Years Eve where she didn't spend the night with me and instead had sex with three guys at once. Self explanatory.
Sadly true story
I think it's an offensive term, mainly because I don't see a problem with having a bunch of sex. It's fun, it's harmless, go fuck people.
Lajdra!
Vlačuga!
Pocestnica!
Cipa!
Candra!
All of these more or less mean 'Slut' in Slovevne. And all of them are awesome. And that's all I have to say about that.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
Quote by KeepOnRotting
I think it's an offensive term, mainly because I don't see a problem with having a bunch of sex. It's fun, it's harmless, go fuck people.

But isn't the meaning of the word slut, a woman that have a lot of sex?

because if it is, then women that have lots of sex are sluts no?
Quote by guitarxo
I think the concept of sluttiness is stupid.

This.
I would consider a slut as someone who uses sex for personal gain but I couldn't care less whether someone does or doesn't.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
A slut is the term used by a bitter guy who's ex started sleeping with other guys. But when a girl that we don't care about is doing that, then she's not a slut.
I'm very uncomfortable with it, as I think it feeds into a very unhealthy cultural perception of sex.

But I am secretly aware, and ashamed, that when I feel resentful towards my ex-girlfriend being with other people, the language I use is of a distinctly slut-shaming slant.
I do not condone the use of this word because it is, in my opinion, one of the 5 words that you should never use toward a female, the list being made up as bitch, cun t, slut, wh re, and tramp. Not only are they intensely derrogatory no matter how you use them, they are the only terms that will get me thrown out of the house and cut off for life (if you know what I mean).
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
Last edited by Sewn Up at Jan 27, 2012,
Quote by Sewn Up
I do not condone the use of this word because it is, in my opinion, one of the 5 words that you should never use toward a female, the list being made up as bitch, ****, slut, *****, and tramp. Not only are they intensely derrogatory no matter how you use them, they are the only terms that will get me thrown out of the house and cut off for life (if you know what I mean).

I specially hate those two.
It's just a word...
Quote by mcw00t
"so you mean if the father is sterile, the kid will be sterile too?"

Proof God exists and evolution is a lie:
Quote by elguitarrista3
the prove is u because u did n create urself and ur parents dindt and their parents didnt and so on and we are not monkeys peace

Not that I have something against the word slut but you can't deny that there is a double standard there, men are just cool when they have much sex but women get called sluts...
I've never used slut as a self powering word... It's more of an insult, but I still use it
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
Quote by ninnipinni93
Not that I have something against the word slut but you can't deny that there is a double standard there, men are just cool when they have much sex but women get called sluts...

Say you had a key that could open any lock, it would be good, because you only need 1 key to get anything you want.

On the other had if you had a lock, that could be opened by any key, it would be bad, because whats the point in having a lock that can get opened by anything. Its much better to have a lock that can only get opened by one key.
Quote by ninnipinni93

Is that why people find the word slut so bad? is there no similar male term in english for slut?
Quote by VillainousLatin
Is that why people find the word slut so bad? is there no similar male term in english for slut?

Manwhore.
I use it solely because it's considered demeaning. I don't attach any sort of rational to it; if I want to upset someone, I call them a slut.

Edit: Also, if you guys want to understand why copious sex is only culturally acceptable for males, look into evolutionary psychology.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Last edited by Eastwinn at Jan 27, 2012,
Quote by VillainousLatin
But that just sounds funny

Ok then 'legend'.

Page 1 of 2