- im using UPS ground

- Guitar was shipped form New hampshire ( rondo music ) to me ( montreal , canada )

So i order a guitar wednesday . the label was ready wednesday to be pikcup by UPS .

I really wish to receive dit today but the schedule time is Monday end of the day . sadly cause my guitar will sit in the UPS truck for all weekend till monday in the cold of Quebec weather ( hope the guitar will be fine ) . the best would be that i received it today .

MY question .

Chelmsford, MA, United States 01/27/2012 4:10 A.M. Departure Scan
Chelmsford, MA, United States 01/26/2012 11:56 P.M. Export Scan
01/26/2012 11:29 P.M. Arrival Scan
Keene, NH, United States 01/26/2012 9:30 P.M. Departure Scan
01/26/2012 7:52 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 01/26/2012 2:24 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

My question is :

i used UPS GROUND . Keene /new hampshire is closer to canada than Chelmford Massuchasetts . How come my guitar went south if i live north ?? when it arrive in Chelsford , did it went back on a truck on on a plane to montreal's ups location ???

Im just wondering why my package had to go to massachussetts if i live north .

Not that im worry .. when you used ups ground form california to new york .. your package isnt ship "ground" all the way . .they probably have UPS plane from california to new york .. unless it would take 3 day of driving ..

anyone know how shipping work ?

from the tracking scans ... UPS work all night 24 hours ??.. it was scan at 4 a.m in the morning .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Jan 27, 2012,
Every shipping company has hubs and processing centers where packages are removed from one truck and placed on another. It's not like UPS sends a truck to Rondo and that truck drives straight to your house in Canada. Maybe UPS has some kind of international processing center in Chelmsford or something.
Because it went North and you're reading it wrong.

EDIT: nevermind, they're probably makeup scans or it went from a small facility to a major distribution center, or its route requires that it goes through a specific border checkpoint for shipping.
Last edited by L2112Lif at Jan 27, 2012,
Each day it goes from one hub to another until it's eventually at your house.

edit: Also it starts bottom up. So stuff on the bottom is where it started, and the top is where it is now.
Last edited by zomgguitarz1234 at Jan 27, 2012,
Quote by homeless-john
They deliver with the all the speed of a glacier.

It's not that bad, it's not like overnight, but it's not bad.
Usually UPS is pretty quick. But I'm waiting right now on a UPS delivery of picks and strings from Musician's Friend. I ordered January 25 and it's scheduled for delivery February 1. That's one week from Missouri to New York City. That's not so great but I can't complain since it's free delivery. When I order something from Newegg it comes the next day even when their website says three day delivery.