Did you do that yourself?! Sounds really good, wouldn't mind having 5 different sounding ones for my kit
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Quote by Niiko
Did you do that yourself?! Sounds really good, wouldn't mind having 5 different sounding ones for my kit

That would be cool. You would have to find 5 different cracked cymbals though I guess. I wouldn't have enough stands for it anyway. Here it is in situ:

I know the latest trend is to have it on top of your ride and use it instead of the bell but I like the sound of my ride bell.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
I love that. Whenever I get my new cymbal, I'm doing this with the old one. I know a place downtown that does this stuff.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
I did this with an old Zildjian Avedis crash or something I think. Might do it with my broken ZHT crash if it doesn't make a decent splash (which I don't think it will).

Quote by herby190
How did you do that?

When I did it I:
  • Drew a perfect circle on the cymbal.
  • Roughly cut it with an angle grinder.
  • Screwed two piece of wood together through the centre hole, with the screw sticking up.
  • Tightened the screw into the chuck in my pillar drill.
  • Filed the outside as it spun, essentially using the pillar drill as a slow, upright lathe.
Quote by whoomit
I did this with an old Zildjian Avedis crash or something I think. Might do it with my broken ZHT crash if it doesn't make a decent splash (which I don't think it will).

When I did it I:
  • Drew a perfect circle on the cymbal.
  • Roughly cut it with an angle grinder.
  • Screwed two piece of wood together through the centre hole, with the screw sticking up.
  • Tightened the screw into the chuck in my pillar drill.
  • Filed the outside as it spun, essentially using the pillar drill as a slow, upright lathe.

first 2 is what I basically did, except I used the hammering marks as a reference. The rest sounds probably a much better idea than what I did lol.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."