I've been debating whether to get a guitar with no inlays, but I've never played a guitar without inlays before. Is it harder to play? I've been playing 4 years roughly so would it be worth it?
You still have fret markers on the side of the neck.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Unless the four years of guitar you have been playing while staring at the fretboard, you should be fine. Its all about the side markers.
Hell Yea Im Straight Edge!
ESP Eclipse II (or) Fender Strat w/David Gilmour EMGs > Cry Baby Original > Digitech RP250 > JOYO Ultimate Overdrive > MXR BLS Chorus > MXR Phase 90 > EHX Memory Toy > 1981 Marshall JCM800
If you're standing up while playing you really won't know the difference since you're usually just looking at the side dots. It takes about 4 or 5 days to get used to (if you're used to reading the fretboard).
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Quote by MegadethFan18
Depends, I'd rather no inlays than dot inlays.

Just let your feelings guide you.

Use the force, Emorak.

But really, it's not that big of a deal, my classical doesn't have inlays, just side markers and it's fine. My PRS and Taylor have them purely for aesthetics.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Thanks for the responses

Think I'm going to stick with my Shark Tooth inlays for now, I much prefer them to dot inlays anyday!

I don't sit and look at the frets as such, grew out of that "stage" after the first year but when I look at the side markers, my hand to eye co-ordination goes off
If you ever think about refretting that guitar, it's easier and cheaper *without* inlays.

All along this path I tread
My heart betrays my weary head
With nothing but my soul to save
From the cradle to the grave.
I almost never rely on the inlay anymore. But without the side markers I would be in total lost.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

If you're actually looking at your fretboard when you play, you're doing it wrong.

Anyhow I agree with this.
Quote by MegadethFan18
Depends, I'd rather no inlays than dot inlays.

Just let your feelings guide you.

I love the inlays on my H and my MH though. They're there, but they're subtle.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
A straight dark ebony fretboard is a gorgeous thing to behold... and it take no more skill to use than a fretboard with pretty inlays.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
Quote by ColdGin
If you ever think about refretting that guitar, it's easier and cheaper *without* inlays.
Inlays have no bearing on refretting a guitar. It's binding that makes refretting harder and more expensive.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
It's not to complicated, you could buy one without inlays and if you change your mind they have tons of inlay stickers out there
"When the power of love over comes the love of power the world will know peace."
~Jimi Hendrix
Month old thread is a month old.

I really don't care for dot or fin inlays. Dots are boring and fins are tacky. I'd rather a guitar have no inlays at all. Or, as a PRS guy, bird inlays.

For anyone in this dilemma, get one with no inlays and get some inlay stickers if you end up needing them.