My friend wants me to buy his acoustic guitar from him because he doesn't play at all. He doesn't know how much it's worth though. I tried looking it up but absolutely had no results. I was hoping someone here would know and tell me all about it. It says "L.A." on the head and inside of the guitar. Model # LA 150. Says it's from Charleston, SC. Anyone?
I'll have to look closer because that's all I could see. I could get pictures if that'd help a little later.
Last edited by CrazyAce#7 at Jan 27, 2012,
I have an "L A" guitar that I picked upto convert into a home-made resonator. It is easily one of the cheapest and poorest quality instruments I've ever seen.
My advice....Avoid.
good stage guitar. something you can smash up there and not get upset about. might be the best thing for it.
Oh wow... He had some D'Addario acoustic strings on it and I was able to make it sound pretty great. I could also use an acoustic for now so how much should I offer? (An actual realistic number, please?)
depends on the brand southern, i wouldnt give a sixer of dos XX's but a coors light? reality? probably no more than 50 bucks max ! try the sixer first, then work your way from 10 and up.
Quote by CrazyAce#7
Oh wow... He had some D'Addario acoustic strings on it and I was able to make it sound pretty great...[ ]...
YO, a cardboard box will sound great with a new set of D'Addarios on it....

Actually, decent guitars tend to sound like crap with brand new strings, too falsely bright, too metallic.

So, referring back to our cardboard box analog, it will go back to sounding "boxy" very soon. A whole sort of "dust to dust" paradigm.....
I offered 50 because by judging what everyone has said, it seemed generous. He's gonna buy the beer.