I have no idea, and this is probably a bad idea, and I know little of this, but I am in a bind.

I need to help out some friends and play bass for a small gig. I don't have access to a large combo amp, and all I have is a peavey 6505. My only feasible option is to get a shitty bass cab and hook it up to a 6505 (I will unplug the peavey speaker obviously).

I don't know if this is compatible, and I won't try it without more information. If anyone has any other recommendations, I will look into that.
It'll work fine. As long you don't use a guitar cab nothing will break. The EQ won't really be suited to the frequencies you'll be putting out, but if it's only a one off it shouldn't matter.

You could always just DI the bass straight into the PA and use the monitoring system too.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
I don't even know the set up of the monitoring. I wasn't given a lot of information. I know that doesn't help with the information. I don't even know how big the damn room is. But I digress.
It'll work and for tone, well Lemmy uses a Marshal guitar head so I guess it'd be a more American voiced version of that?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
It'll work and for tone, well Lemmy uses a Marshal guitar head so I guess it'd be a more American voiced version of that?

In the past there weren't many dedicated Bass amps, Marshall, Orange, Hiwatt, Carlsbro, Sound City etc and in actual fact the Fender Dual Showman head was the same for bass as for lead also this same amp was identical to that in the legendery 70s Fender Twin Reverb 2x12 guitar combo.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn