Yeah... I had to make another one of these threads..

I looked into the PRS Tremonti SE. I was wondering if the guitar is good enough to play a range from contemporary to hard rock. I'm sure if I can get 15% off on the guitar, I can get it for about $500 after tax and whatnot. If there's any guitars that are better (used is fine), could you let me know?

I'll post any more information if you need.
Bass gear:
-Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
It can certainly play any style of rock. I would recommend a pickup swap for a better tone, but I would recommend that for most guitars of that price range. But i do think it is one of the best guitars in the SE range, and fortunately one of the least expensive.

I have one in like-new condition up for sale. PM me if you'd like a link.
Those are overpriced!I would not pay for or buy a electric guitar that you cant adjust individual string intonation. Thats dumb. The whole bridge moves on those there is no way to adjust individual string intonation! You are stuck with using the "spec" string gauge on that. The sad thing is that they use that lame bridge on some that they want $4500 for!
Hell you can adjust individual intonation on a Starcaster! Why not on a PRS!???

Almost any midrange hard tail LTD,Schecter oo6 would be better IMO. To me low end PRS are just like low end Gibson.....overpriced for what they are.
What the hell!!!
Last edited by danvwman at Jan 27, 2012,
Quote by danvwman
Those are overpriced!I would not pay for or buy a electric guitar that you cant adjust individual string intonation. Thats dumb. The whole bridge moves on those there is no way to adjust individual string intonation! You are stuck with using the "spec" string gauge on that. The sad thing is that they use that lame bridge on some that they want $4500 for!

Almost any midrange hard tail LTD,Schecter oo6 would be better IMO. To me low end PRS are just like low end Gibson.....overpriced for what they are.

Sounds like you've never played a PRS. Might want to try them out before you bash them. They've blown away every other brand I've owned with tuning stability and especially intonation.
Thanks for the feedback. Also, how big is the neck? I have pretty short fingers and I'm wondering if it would be difficult to play on their "wide-thin" neck.

I've also considered http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Studio-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar-105320576-i1449700.gc and http://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone-Limited-Edition-Les-Paul-Royale-Electric-Guitar-106548811-i1560528.gc
Bass gear:
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
-Boss Tu-3 Tuner -> Joyo Vintage Overdrive -> Joyo Vintage Ultimate Overdrive -> Ernie Ball MVP -> TC Nova Repeater
The necks aren't that big. I can't comment on the wide thin but the wide fat is much thinner than a gibson neck. The wide thin is just a bit thinner than that.

I believe the radius is 10.....
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Cleans are a bit muddy, but it does rock fine. Any kind of it.
Personnaly, i like the SE Singlecut trem better. The action was nicer, and the maple cap brigthened up the guiatr the tiny bit the tremonti lacks.
Last edited by n1ckn1ce at Jan 27, 2012,
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Cleans are a bit muddy, but it does rock fine. Any kind of it.
Personnaly, i like the SE Singlecut trem better. The action was nicer, and the maple cap brigthened up the guiatr the tiny bit the tremonti lacks.

This.
I played almost everything in the SE line before making my purchase and noticed that the Santana and 245 were considerably brighter than the others but could get gibson-y bright by rolling off the tone on the bridge just a bit.

The trems on the SEs are good but don't expect all that much.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
It might haves hard time staying in tune for long period of playing(3 hours or more), so I would consider getting locking tuners and aMIA nut(sold on PRS Website for 30$ a pair).
Quote by danvwman

Yes I'll give you that the bridge could have been designed better, but you can easily replace the stock bridge with one that is fully adjustable (badass style).

The SE line of PRS is actually a very nice Import line of guitars that PRS has came out with and besides the G&L tribute are probably the best non-MIJ Imports around.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
And if you really need inividual iontonable saddles, you can get a trem model, the SE Singlecut Trem is really nice. Plus its now aavilable in royal blue, OMG. If you really want a wraparound, The SE Zach Myers, Se Catanese, SE Fredrik Akesson all have the Tonepros AVT-II. You can also buy a seprate Tonepros AVT-II, drop in for PRSs, it'll fit all the others with non-intonable bridges.

Honestly, I don't like the SE Tremonti that much. If you save up a bit, you can get a singlecut, wich is IMO ten times nicer sound-wise(and look-wise, the binding on the tremonti is meh.). If you're really after 4 knobs on your guitar, you can also save up for a 245, or a Zach Myers wich is basically a 245 but in royal blue with an ebony board and a full intonable AVT-II bridge. Oh, and a third humbucker as well.
Last edited by n1ckn1ce at Jan 28, 2012,
Bass gear:
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
Last edited by itzkpanda at Jan 28, 2012,
Since the whole guitar is basically made of mahogany and it has two humbuckers, how deep is the sound?
And where is it available in Royal Blue?
Bass gear:
-Fender Rumble 15 Amp

Guitar Gear:
-Agile AL-2000
Last edited by itzkpanda at Jan 28, 2012,
The PRS SE range are pretty good for the price range, I've got an SE Singlecut and it's pretty tasty, stays in tune well as well without locking tuners.
Check out my fitness blog here