Page 1 of 2
"Drunk words are sober thoughts"

What's your opinion on that quote? Personally, I find it to be very true. When you drink, you're likely to gain a boost in confidence, so you are more likely to say things you would have previously been scared of saying.

But I know some people that say it's just a bad excuse for saying things when you are drunk. Opinions?
Yep. Reveal shit I intend to keep to myself and my twisted mind all the time when drunk.
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
Pretty much, yep.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

It's exactly that. Then again, your thoughts may never be what you feel, aka self doubt.
Whenever I'm drunk, I go on like a stream-of-consciousness engine off the rails. Then again, I don't think negative thoughts of people I'm with so I never have to worry. I don't think everything you say when you're drunk is true, though. Just the vast majority of it is what you are thinking at the time.
But I always say what I think, so am I always drunk? But then those would be my drunk thoughts if I think them when I'm drunk. So would I be saying them when I'm sober?
Quote by Skullivan
But I always say what I think, so am I always drunk? But then those would be my drunk thoughts if I think them when I'm drunk. So would I be saying them when I'm sober?

Either way, only you care.
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by Skullivan

...you don't HAVE to be drunk to speak your mind. The point of the quote is that being drunk just helps. I speak my mind all the time, even when I'm not drunk or stoned. Just means you're a very honest person.
I don't get drunk enough to say stupid(er) things. I just become a bit more blunt/frank about things, but in general I don't even change that side of myself.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
It's exactly that. Then again, your thoughts may never be what you feel, aka self doubt.
Whenever I'm drunk, I go on like a stream-of-consciousness engine off the rails. Then again, I don't think negative thoughts of people I'm with so I never have to worry. I don't think everything you say when you're drunk is true, though. Just the vast majority of it is what you are thinking at the time.

That's what I've been wondering about. I've noticed people exaggerating their feelings a lot when they are drunk, but never making up / lying about their feelings.
Ancient Romans used to say "In vino veritas", or "in wine lies the truth"

Kinda real, cause I generally say personal things when I'm drunk (not that musch now cause I learned to stop saying my shit to everyone after 4 or more beers), but it's also bullshit.

Ok, alcohol brings out things you have in your mind, but it is also true that you say a whole lotta of bullshit!!
Just think about girls: never happen to find a girl gorgeous when you're drunk while in real life she's as beautiful as a dead fish?
just another Heavy Metal guitar player
While drunk, everything seems like a good idea. So it is somewhat true.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Quote by Vitor_vdp
That's what I've been wondering about. I've noticed people exaggerating their feelings a lot when they are drunk, but never making up / lying about their feelings.

It's like saying shit you don't mean when you're mad, like "I SWEAR I WISH A DINOSAUR KILLED YOU WHEN YOU WERE BORN" or whatnot. A lot of what comes out when you're drunk is reactionary. This is why stupid things are said when you're drunk, especially when you're trying to be funny. You think up a retort/joke in your head and say it. When you're drunk, it comes out more quickly without "editing", if you will, and thus sounds much more stupid. I'm going off track here so I'll stop.
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
It's like saying shit you don't mean when you're mad, like "I SWEAR I WISH A DINOSAUR KILLED YOU WHEN YOU WERE BORN" or whatnot. A lot of what comes out when you're drunk is reactionary. This is why stupid things are said when you're drunk, especially when you're trying to be funny. You think up a retort/joke in your head and say it. When you're drunk, it comes out more quickly without "editing", if you will, and thus sounds much more stupid. I'm going off track here so I'll stop.

You are definitely right about that. It's like taking out the edit feature in UG and giving you a time limit to write your post.
I would say things when sober but then I wouldn't have the ''I was drunk'' excuse.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by yoman297
What are sober words then?

Drunk thoughts.
Quote by Vauxite
Lots of lulz were produced, thankyou good sir
I just say whats on my mind when I'm drunk. I talk LOUD but my concience is never drunk enough to not to say stop thats a bad thing to say. Not saying I havn't said bad things drunk before. I hide my true opinons till I'm drunk.
Drunk after-thoughts.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

I was drunk, talking to this girl once and she was like
"OMG we're friends on facebook? You should definitely post on my wall"
And I said,
"Yeah, we should do it"

Conversation over

I used to say all kinds of shit drunk but I've managed to have better self-control and stop being so slobby
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by vicarious46
And I said,
"Yeah, we should do it"

Conversation over

I used to say all kinds of shit drunk but I've managed to have better self-control and stop being so slobby

Good effort, good effort.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by vicarious46
And I said,
"Yeah, we should do it"

Conversation over

That's what I would call closure.
I disagree. Perhaps unfiltered thoughts, but we filter thoughts to weed out their imperfections as to how we want them to be presented, and in that form they are most sobered.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
When you're drunk, your mind is drunk. And so are your thoughts, actions and body. Unless you can control it. Which I find fairly easy to do, others can't.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Vitor_vdp
That's what I would call closure.

first and last time I talked to her
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
In a way it's true, but basically the phenomena people refer to with sayings like that is a bit misguided. Sure you're more likely to say some things while drunk than sober, but here's the thing:

Your drunk mind doesn't stop you from realizing something is really fucking stupid to say/do.

In the end, your mind tends to come up with things you don't really believe and amplify slight changes in your mood. What starts as you being a bit bummed out turns into you being super depressed, bitter, and angry. It's not the real you.
Last time I was drunk I told someone that I'm just like James Bond and proceeded to do Batman impressions to prove it... I do not think like that sober
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
It's got a few meanings. The way I first interpreted it was that you say things when you're drunk that you only think, but don't dare say when you're sober.

The other way is, all the things you say when you're drunk make for very uncomfortable reflection when you're sobering up the next day.
Quote by Mack56
In the end, your mind tends to come up with things you don't really believe and amplify slight changes in your mood. What starts as you being a bit bummed out turns into you being super depressed, bitter, and angry. It's not the real you.

This.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
I have never heard someone who was drunk say more than three sentences that made sense that actually meant anything.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
I think its true to an extent. After you drink so much any kind of logic or semblance of your sober self disappears.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
In my experience being drunk does help. I gain confidence when I am drunk so would say stuff I may not say when I'm sober.
Page 1 of 2