I am in the market for a looper and a multi-effects pedal

I play a lot of post-rock stuff and was looking to get into some more ambient sounds and for a while my the reverb on my amp (peavey special 130 solo series) was enough for me but I got a couple extra bucks and I figured since I dont have any pedals (besides an old volume pedal) I would look into a looper and a decent multi effects pedal.

now my max budget is about $400 (or about $200 each) but since I can go into the used market if you know a good pedal that retails for up to $300 go ahead and tell me about it

Was looking at the Digitech RP500 for a multi-effects and the Digitech JML2 for a looper (both available used for under or near $200 a piece)

I am open to any and all suggestions
Last edited by thegreatbuddha at Jan 27, 2012,
Line 6 m9. Looper and multi effect in one, and the verbs and delays for ambient sounds.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08
Line 6 m9. Looper and multi effect in one, and the verbs and delays for ambient sounds.

The rp500 also has a built in looper but I want a dedicated one for more control of the loops

also bump for more suggestions
Quote by thegreatbuddha
The rp500 also has a built in looper but I want a dedicated one for more control of the loops

also bump for more suggestions

Having used both pretty extensively, I would look at the M9 over the RP500 based on quality of sound and durability. Now, if you plan on using the amp modeling, that would be a different story. I've seen them go used for $200, but they are harder to find.

What effects would you be using in a multi effect? Single pedals might be an option (or are you looking to just experiment?)
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by souperman08
Having used both pretty extensively, I would look at the M9 over the RP500 based on quality of sound and durability. Now, if you plan on using the amp modeling, that would be a different story. I've seen them go used for $200, but they are harder to find.

What effects would you be using in a multi effect? Single pedals might be an option (or are you looking to just experiment?)

Well mostly the basic chorus, reverb, and delay as, like I said, I play a lot of post rock and wanted to try out some more ambient stuff.

But having a tremolo, flanger and a mountain of different fuzz/overdrive/distortion sounds added to the mix are a big plus

I was looking at single pedals but the biggest reason I was looking at the rp500 was because I used to own an RP80 and it was a pretty decent little pedal and I forget which one, but there was a shimmering chorus preset that sounded amazing when output to my home speaker system instead of the shitty practice amp I had at the time.

But that was before I got the Peavery Special so I figure an upgraded version of a pedal I like plus a pretty badass little amp would serve my needs
Well the RP1000 allows an ext 3 button footswitch that controls the looper. Unfortunately the RP loopers are only 20 sec. Not really quite long enough. Check out the detail on the new Zoom G5 and see if the looper controls are good enough. The G5 has 60 secs and can sync with the internal drum machine.

I really like looping. Most of my songs are done with the looper in the Zoom G3. I just picked up a used RC-50 a couple days ago for $250. You could always pick up a Jamman too.