UG says: Nah, click it!
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
You pay your money and you takes your chances. Personally, I'll keep my money in my pocket.

I don't trust the Chinese sites. Too many fake and hazardous products.
Try it and tell us how it goes
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
It's like ebay, some sellers are legit.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Anybody else try to click something inside the image by mistake?
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
lol there's someone on my local kijiji trying to sell a gibson clone for 850$

he admits its a clone...and wants 850$ for it.
his reasoning? it's an older model. (2005) Apparently they don't make 'em like they used to?

I trolled the shit out of him.
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
I've honestly played a Gibson Les Paul copy a friend bought not knowing it was fake. After a pickup and tuner change it was actually a pretty nice guitar. If i knew which sellers were legit I'd be curious to grab a LP or Jem copy and use it for mods and personalization. But honestly I'll probably end up going Agile for my first Les Paul.
blah i wouldnt trust them . ive order NHL jersey and NFl jerseys .. if you dont mind the red turning pink after 1 wash .

Mypoint this is usually scan . But doesnt mean that cope of a model are bad . usually cheap stuff form china means its poorly built .
i wouldnt trust that at all .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
I offered someone a traynor practice amp in exchange for one. I was gonna strip it down of anything i thought might be useful then cut it in half to see if the plywood rumours were true.

he decided he'd rather sell it.

that was about 4 months ago. he still posts it up for sale once a week.

There's an abundance of fakes on the used market around here. most people want more than they cost direct from the wholesaler, even though the wholesaler offers free shipping. crazy world we live in.
Quote by stepchildusmc
Quote by Skysc
blah i wouldnt trust them . ive order NHL jersey and NFl jerseys .. if you dont mind the red turning pink after 1 wash .

Mypoint this is usually scan . But doesnt mean that cope of a model are bad . usually cheap stuff form china means its poorly built .
i wouldnt trust that at all .

It was meant to be a joke...mention you're gonna buy a clone from one of those sites and you get every man and his dog bash you for it

i found it funny that the ad showed up on UG's homepage
Quote by stepchildusmc
I thought it was just a funny coincidence at first, but i've been seeing it over and over again the last couple days. Not just on here....youtube ads, google ads, you name it. I think it might have something to do with my browsing history, I know google tracks my searches so it can display advertisements i'm most likely to want to click on, maybe i hit one of their keywords? Gonna clear my cache and delete my cookies, see if that fixes it.
Quote by stepchildusmc
It's too late for that. Google ads has already decided you're a guitar fan. You're going to get guitar targeted ads for a long time. You can go into your google preferences and turn off some of the targeting preferences, that would help.

On the other hand, wouldn't you rather look at guitar ads than whatever non-targeted crap they come up with? To me, giving google a little anonymous information is way better than seeing "(Your IP address related city here) mom discovers cheap tooth whitening secret" and "Lose 30 pounds in 2 weeks with Acai" everywhere.
maybe i'm a fatass with yellow teeth, i just don't care enough to google it.

I don't mind the ads, I just found it funny that they would predominantly direct me to a place famous for selling counterfeit guitars located on the other side of the world and not a local guitar store. I guess we know who pays them more for advertisements.
Quote by stepchildusmc
Quote by mike_oxbig
I thought it was just a funny coincidence at first, but i've been seeing it over and over again the last couple days. Not just on here....youtube ads, google ads, you name it. I think it might have something to do with my browsing history, I know google tracks my searches so it can display advertisements i'm most likely to want to click on, maybe i hit one of their keywords? Gonna clear my cache and delete my cookies, see if that fixes it.
Google tracks your web browsing from a URL called, "google-analytics.com". This is accomplished via cross site scripting. Clearing cookies won't help. As as soon as you hit a site that allows this script to run, (virtually all of them do), the cookie is reset. Which is why, for the life of me, I can't fathom why Google's browser, ("Chrome") has managed to become so popular. Since it really is not much more than spyware.

Firefox can be configured to dump all cookies and browsing history when you close it. But, that's a double edged sword, since you always have to reenter passwords, even at site you wouldn't normally consider a security threat, and don't log out of when you navigate away from it. (IE: UG)

I actually do know how it's become so popular, because they're starting to force it on people, by bundling it with other free software.

Google isn't proud as to who they'll take ad revenue from either. If the ad or site isn't legit, a bunch of people have to report it to get rid of it.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Jan 30, 2012,
you won't get anything that is real from those sites. here's a little fact that most don't know. although many guitars are made in china for other manufacturers (squier, epiphone etc) they are considered US products in china. they aren't sold factory direct to the chinese people. if you want one then it has to be "imported" from places like singapore back to china and is subject to all the import fees etc. so even in china those guitars aren't really much if at all cheaper than in the US. this being the case means that there is no way for these sites to sell you a real brand name guitar for so cheap. actual fender and gibson (ie US made) guitars are very rare in china and are very expensive when found. my brother works in beijing and deals with imports and exports in china (he also is a guitar player and has to go to japan to get anything decent).