A high school music teacher of mine bought the SZ (it wasnt a prestige, i know that) a few months after it debuted, and i remember it being distinctly comfortable to play. From everything ive heard and read, it's a good value for the money and can cover most playing styles. I have two questions:

1. Is it really that great of a guitar for $400ish brand new?

2. Would an SZ520QM for $260 be a good deal?

Also, what's the difference between the 320, 520, and 720?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The Sz series is value for money, i have a 320 and i love it. Had a pup swap and was well away. The differences tend to be the 'Bling' so to speak the 520 has a flame or quilt veneer and pretty inlays and thats about it between the two models
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Is there a reason they were priced so low though? This one i found for $260 is giving me doubts just because it's so cheap. Did they not hold up well over time or something? Should i be wary? Obviously i need to go check it out in person and give it a try, i just dont want to try it, like it, buy it, and have something catastrophic happen to it a year from now.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
The rumours i heard was that they were too costly to produce and Ibanez decided to discontinue them, mines superb quality i must say, and mines technically the cheap model. They are one of the few Ibanez models which hold their value well and they are still very sought after. Ive had numerous offers to buy mine.

Honestly if its a nice guitar and you like the way it plays when you try it then go for it, my only fault was the pickups in mine but its an easy fix.

Hope this helps
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
i thought they were about right for the going rate new

260 is about the right amount off the new price for going used

just about right, i'd say
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?