I had this idea; what would you do if you had one week with nobody around? You're stuck in your house/ room/ shanty/ whatever living space , let's assume you've got enough food to live off but you just cannot contact anybody at all, like this is some loser purgaratory or something. How would you spend this week ?

I would play guitar most the time, do some songwriting, keep my ass up on my basic 4 year old music theory studies

I would weightlift to keep myself sane

read something worth reading

attempt to watch all of dragonball and dragonball z, and say i can get weed somehow, stupify myself by watching all of aqua teen hunger force stoned

keep a dream journal to figure out what is really going on in all my ****ed up dreams

I would eventually get so lonely that I would have to envelope myself in my subconcious ; a permanent dreamlike state where social conventions are "unlearned" and I can be literally and metaphorically 100% "self absorbed". I would cover my whole house in streamofconsciousness bs with a permanent marker, and my loneliness paired with my mating instinct and self absorbed insanity will end up with me attempting to buttfvck my gundam models

now u
Id enjoy not having to deal with *any* bullshit whatsoever.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
I'd enjoy it for like the first day or so. But then I'd start to feel all lonely and depressed and probably just sleep the rest of the week.
Sleep. Really, that'd probably be what I'd spend the entire week doing after the first day or two - I like people, not leaving would be one thing, I wouldn't enjoy it, but I could get by, but complete isolation for a week would just drag on me.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
OP's last paragraph can be summed up with the word "dimethyltryptamine", which sounds like the best way to go.
Quote by Powerhouse
I was in a nu-metal band when I was 15. I hated the top 3 strings (G,B, and E). I wondered why guitars even had them.
...so go back to college? When I was in school I had a private dorm room, and rarely had any sort of social interaction. Obviously I would go to class and be around people, but I once went 2 weeks without saying a single word to anybody. I loved it. I studied and read and wrote like crazy. It was the most productive time of my life. Your situation sounds like a dream. It would be the most anxiety free week of my life and I would enjoy every minute of it.
So, I just read the last paragraph.

I think you're confusing the real world with Inception. Inception on drugs.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Last edited by necrosis1193 at Jan 28, 2012,
id love it a week of privacy assuming i could play guitar,sing,play piano,lift some weights draw
i have alot of things id like to do without someone there

im never alone cept for the few minutes im taking a dump or shower
sometime a perosn needs to be with themselves for a bit
Quote by blake1221
autoerotic asphyxiation

Perfect time to try it.

I disagree. Nobody is going to see you for a week. What if you pass out with your belt around your neck, nobody is going to find you until you've gone all David Carradine.

But still, that's totally what I would do.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by snipelfritz
I disagree. Nobody is going to see you for a week. What if you pass out with your belt around your neck, nobody is going to find you until you've gone all David Carradine.

But still, that's totally what I would do.

I'd rather die in the attempt then have someone rescue me in that state.
Practice guitar, masturbate, read, do exercise in home, masturbate.

Pretty much what I usually do, I reckon I could go a week as long as I knew that would be the cutoff point.

edit: and make b34tz
Last edited by WishfulShredder at Jan 28, 2012,
Quote by blake1221
I'd rather die in the attempt then have someone rescue me in that state.

Well, you could always ask for some help finishing.

but then it wouldn't be AUTOerotic Asphyxiation
Done that for 5 days at a time and loved it. Played video games, read, played guitar, exercised. I enjoy having some time to be completely by myself for a while. Cooking is a lot more fun when you're by yourself for some reason. I find that since I'm the only one who's going to eat it, I'll try out different stuff, and sometimes it ends badly, and others it turns out delicious. The simple act of preparing a meal is even a great way to pass the time by yourself.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by chaos13
Cooking is a lot more fun when you're by yourself for some reason. I find that since I'm the only one who's going to eat it, I'll try out different stuff, and sometimes it ends badly, and others it turns out delicious. The simple act of preparing a meal is even a great way to pass the time by yourself.

This is true. When I cook for myself I'm so proud of anything I do.

When I'm cooking for other people (what I do part time for a job), I'm super nervous and ultra self-conscious that I've ****ed something up. It's because I know I won't complain.
Sleep, practice guitar, read, draw, exercise, try to write songs and miserably fail....and sleep again. Repeat process til week is over.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by necrosis1193
I think you're confusing the real world with Inception. Inception on drugs.

And a little bit of A Beautiful Mind
I practically do that anyway.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I don't think that qualifies as solitary confinement. I know you didn't mean it literally, but as practically everyone in this thread has already said that's not an unusual situation.

Now, if you were talking about one week with nothing to do, in a room with nothing but food to eat and a cot, that would be crazy. I'd probably try to sleep as much as possible and masturbate furiously.
Quote by Highway60Bob
i've always been looking for a good excuse to **** my mom.
-Practice Guitar
-Try to master some songs
-Try to work on my own songs
-Continue writing my book
-Stuff my face with food
-Play MMORPGS, and some other games
-Lift weights/work out
-Meditate
-Watch T.V
-Try to learn to sing and do harsh vocals
-Turn my amp up since nobody else is around
-Blast all my Metal music
-Meditate to smooth jazz
-Sleep
-Soak in a hot tub

I would do all of that in any order.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
To everyone saying that they'd masturbate.. what if it's in February, and we can't masturbate?

OT: I would attempt to gaze inward and discover my true personality. If it were in a natural setting, I would construct a make-shift home out of twigs, mud and leaves, hunt wild buffalo and eventually be run off by the white man.

That all sounds very familiar.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~