Poll: Will we be around in 10,000 years?
Poll Options
View poll results: Will we be around in 10,000 years?
Yes, humans will still be around
61 64%
No, humans will be extinct
35 36%
Voters: 96.
Page 1 of 2
Do you believe humans will still be around in 10,000 years? If not, why?
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
No, but they will.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
We've already lasted 10,000 why not 10,000 more?

1 million? Maybe not. But we've got tens of thousands at least.
well still be here, i dont think its possible that mankind could be the shortest living species to have existed. unless the mayans were corrects!! dum dum dum...
I think we're screwed unless we can fix this stupid planet
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
Quote by Tessalate
I think we're screwed unless we can fix this stupid planet

What he said.
+We need a policy for overpopulation.
like.
if your IQ is below 105, you get sterilized/hurled into the sun

BAM

Only benifits
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
I'm not sure if we will be around in 10,000 years, but I don't think we should be. There's a reason I'm not having kids (you know, other than not having a suitable womb to plant my seed in.)
This isn't coincidence
there's no such
thing
H.G Wells- The Time Machine
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
more like 2000 lol

Actually, since the ancient Egyptians its been 7000 years
Well, if you want to be technical, modern man developed about 200,000 years ago.

I was I guess referring to civilization, which has only existed for around 10,000 years, depending on what you'd define as "civilization."
Quote by Lord Waltaa
What he said.
like.

BAM

Only benifits

I LIKE THIS lDEA
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Assume the Earth is not ravished by cosmic randomness. Now, if certain members of the present Human civilization overcome selective pressures, they will reorganize into a small, possibly optimal community. But, the environmental changes will reflect the cognitive and physical changes that will transform trait by trait until they become a new species unto themselves.

Now, whether that will be Homo Luminous or Homo Nox Aeterna or any other permutation and combination of the Sapient Man is up for debate. But one thing is for sure, they will be unrecognizable to us, the humans of today.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

I'm sure John McCain will still be around
Quote by Pagan_Poetry
Sadly this is Ultimate-guitar, not Simple-guitar. We can't help you.

Kinda but not really on topic:

When did our brain evolve to its current state?
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Of course they will. Modern humans have existed for about 200,000 years so far, most of that time in harsh enviroments, they survived the Ice Age with little more than stone tools and ingenuity and now have become masters at adaptation. If any species was built to survive anything that natural forces can throw at it, it's humans, because whenever humans come up against conditions that they cannot naturaly survive in, such as in outer space or at great ocean depths, they have the intelligence and ingenuity to find a way to adapt to it.
^
Quote by wikipedia
Anatomically modern humans originated in Africa about 200,000 years ago, reaching full behavioral modernity around 50,000 years ago.[6]

EDIT: that was to Julz

and if nothing else, this guy will be around

Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Of course they will. Modern humans have existed for about 200,000 years so far, most of that time in harsh enviroments, they survived the Ice Age with little more than stone tools and ingenuity and now have become masters at adaptation. If any species was built to survive anything that natural forces can throw at it, it's humans, because whenever humans come up against conditions that they cannot naturaly survive in, such as in outer space or at great ocean depths, they have the intelligence and ingenuity to find a way to adapt to it.

Pretty much yeah.
The dinosaurs did pretty well.
We have just as good a chance of lasting that long as any other species.
Unless we do ourselves in.

Thanks for the fish.
Quote by due 07
You gotta make way for the homo superior.

Homo superior?
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Only asians will be. And they'll be inside robots and no longer pure humans.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by Lord Waltaa
What he said.
like.

BAM

Only benifits

This.

And not sterilized, just hurled into the sun.

EDIT: I actually took an IQ test just to make sure I wasn't under that
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Jan 28, 2012,
Yeah. We overestimate our destructive ability tbh. We couldn't even kill polio off completely.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
This.

And not sterilized, just hurled into the sun.

Amounts to pretty much the same thing, you'd definately be sterile if you were hurled into the sun.
Quote by namesroverrated
and if nothing else, this guy will be around

*keef*

He'll be around after the collapse of the very fabric of reality itself.
It's impossible to know for sure. Anybody who tells you otherwise is either a fool or a psychic.

In other words, anybody who tells you otherwise is a fool.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Amounts to pretty much the same thing, you'd definately be sterile if you were hurled into the sun.

Or you become a Sun God
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Yes, we will still be here.

No, we won't be smarter than we are today.

Yes, all countries will have changed border, name and culture.

No, it will not be American.
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
Yeah. We overestimate our destructive ability tbh. We couldn't even kill polio off completely.

Yet we have a remarkable capacity to invest in weapons to kill each other while ignoring the bigger plights of the world.

I would like to think we'd still be around - we haven't started space travel yet, ffs - but our power to kill ourselves is strong and as our technology gets better and bigger and more powerful, it's critical that as a species we become more focussed on preserving our existence as well as our planets', rather than inventing new ways to inflict pain on each other.
we'll be living in a colony on the dark side of the moon with Newts and crab cakes .. so I've heard ..
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
The earth has only been around for like 5600 years...
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
I suspect so, though God knows in what state. Over the next century, we face possible environmental catastrophe, with all the while enough weaponry to turn the planet into a slagheap just chilling in our possession.
I think so, yes. It's not THAT bad. Unless people with power get even more stupid and perverse to launch all nuclear heads there are across the world.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Don't care I'll be gone by then
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Page 1 of 2