I'm in a rush and I need to know something, fast.

What countries have a working and efficient Carbon Tax, right now?

Any help will result in me thinking of you during sex.
The Australian Governemt has announced that it will introduce a carbon tax and emission trading scheme. Advocates for and against have been claiming that other countries are not doing this and that Australia "will lead the world".

In fact, countries which already have a carbon tax include: Austria (on gas & electricity since 1996), Belgium (on petroleum and electricity since 1993), Costa Rica (1997), Denmark (1992), Finland (1990), Germany (1999), Ireland (2010), India (on coal production and import) (2010), Italy (1999), Netherlands (1990), New Zealand (2008), Norway (1991), South Africa (on vehicle emissions since 2010), Sweden (1991), Switzerland (2008), the UK (on vehicle emissions since 1993 and all energy since 2001) and three Canadian provinces (Alberta, British Colombia and Quebec).

France and Taiwan have committed to introducing a carbon tax and a European Union-wide carbon tax of €20 ($au26.40) is under consideration.

Countries which have emissions trading schemes include: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lichtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and ten U.S. states (Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont).

And countries which have committed to introducing emissions trading include: China, Japan, South Korea, thirteen US states (Arizona, California, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Montana, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wisconsin) and four Canadian provinces (British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario and Quebec).
Netherlands and Finland were the first. Yes.

Also I have always wondered; what would be the decent price for 1 ton of carbon emission? The uncertainty about the future damages of global warming are so great and 1 ton of carbon so small compared to the total amount, that it just seems more like guessing. Maybe I should do my bachelor thesis about this subject.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by King Donkey
I hear Sweden has a successful one.

Succesful according to which criteria?
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
Succesful according to which criteria?

I think I looked it up during science class last year. I can't remember what it was about, but I'm sure Wikipedia has the information.
West Ham United
Reads OP ...

Quote by AussiePage

Any help will result in me thinking of you during sex.

Shivers ....

Carbon tax was applied in Quebec in 2007.

Is it efficient ? Probably not, rich crooks will always find a way to avoid paying more.
- - - - - - - - - - -
I hate the idea of taxes, I mean work hard your whole life and for some reason you pay more/get less back. Really motivates kids to work hard
Quote by mybanez
I hate the idea of taxes, I mean work hard your whole life and for some reason you pay more/get less back. Really motivates kids to work hard

Work hard all your life, but suddenly get all these floodings, droughts etc. because other people who work hard decide to pollute the environment and not pay taxes to reverse the damage.

So works the other way around too. Although taxes are quite wasteful, but not paying them is in this case more wasteful for the planet as a whole.
Quote by Carmel

ಠ_ಠ
We are made of carbon and therefore carbon tax is.....

Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by mybanez

I for one like to care about other people than myself once in a while. And its not like you wont get more money if you work hard, you can just afford to help others more.
Quote by shattamakar
We are made of carbon and therefore carbon tax is.....

There's carbon dioxide in the air! We need to tax every breath we breathe
Quote by Cianyx
There's carbon dioxide in the air! We need to tax every breath we breathe

Egad!

We must spread awareness. By Marmalade, we must rewrite songs to suit the gravity of this discovery!

Every breath you take every move you make,
Every (C-C covalent) bond you break every step you take,
I'll be taxing you.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

The Kyoto Protocol has been ratified by around 38 industrialized countries worldwide, aiming at reducing CO2 emissions. The majority of these countries have some sort of carbon tax implemented on the supply side of production (taxing firms' output, so long as it is energy-intensive).

There are loads of ways of implementing the tax though. It can be either demand side or supply side. Usually, it's less than 100% effective due to carbon leakage: changes in demand/supply affect the world price for fossil fuels, and thus lead to increases in pollution in other regions/countries of the world.

Yay.
We've survived before, we'll do it agian. Play up Pompey.