hey, so i have this epiphone g-400 which i got a while back, and i love it like crazy, but its head/neck is heavier than its body, so every time i let go, like when gigging, and fooling around, it drops to the ground. sometimes, it even goes out of tune after coz it hits the pegs
any suggestions??
cheers
This is the case with nearly all SGs and SG style guitars. They're all neck-heavy and you can't really do much about it except ignoring it. Oh and not letting go and letting it hit the ground.

However they're excellent in situations like these.
Maybe high quality leather strap, and locking strap button would help a little bit?
relocate the strap button to the upper horn, or neck heal.
You can use some Duct tape to hold your strap in diff places, untill you can find the balance point on your specific guitar.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The only way to get an SG to balance properly is to move the forward strap button/lock to the tip of the top cutaway/horn and to use a fairly wide strap. Even then, you're goign to have most of the guitar's weight pressing on one shoulder. SGs were not designed for comfort.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by mnf50
This is the case with nearly all SGs and SG style guitars. They're all neck-heavy and you can't really do much about it except ignoring it. Oh and not letting go and letting it hit the ground.

However they're excellent in situations like these.

haha that vid was good. what a silly kid..

but yeah, thay are neck heavy. you cant really do much about it though.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Quote by cemges
I wonder what happened to the red SG in the video above

watch till end.. nothing good..
ich bin indeed ein sprechender panda, how are you?
Music student, Jazz/Classical/Prog
Music Man JP6 BFR, Ibanez S7420, Fender American Standard, Ibanez EW35 acoustic, 6505+
haha loved the video gonna try that out one day
thanks for all the suggestions... any other sg players out there?
but ru saying that the les paul is more comfortable??