I haven't personally tried them but all the videos i've seen on the internet about them are quite nice and Edwards is owned by ESP and made in japan i believe which is a great plus hehe.

Definitely worth to check them out if you can get your hands on one
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
I believe that the final assembly and setup is done in the ESP Tokyo-factory, but the guitars is not 100% Made in Japan. They are probably made partially in Korea where they make the higher-end Ltd. I do not have a source to quote, but I've read this on many forums regarding the Edwards brand.

To me, they seem like a great choice for someone looking for well made Gibson copies. Great specifications.

Tokai probably make guitars closer to Gibson though, the Edwards LP:s is in some ways more similar to the ESP Eclipse.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
^ china

but yeah, not 100% mij

still decent guitars, but i'm still a bit miffed i bought mine thinking it was

they're not as good value as they used to be, either, considering how strong the yen is currently.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'll put it this way, their guitars are so close to a Gibson that you can't legally sell them inside the U.S. You have to buy one from Japan or England (the only two places I've seen to get them). Everything I've read says they are good guitars. Having never played one, I can't say for sure. Worth a look if you're looking at a Gibson Studio or Faded. I doubt they are as good as a Traditional LP or upwards, but they'd give some lower end Gibsons a run for their money.
Quote by Fenderexpx50
I'll put it this way, their guitars are so close to a Gibson that you can't legally sell them inside the U.S. You have to buy one from Japan or England (the only two places I've seen to get them). Everything I've read says they are good guitars. Having never played one, I can't say for sure. Worth a look if you're looking at a Gibson Studio or Faded. I doubt they are as good as a Traditional LP or upwards, but they'd give some lower end Gibsons a run for their money.

They're about $600 cheaper than studios as well. (or at least if you buy one in-store from where I live).
Quote by HomerSGR
... Tokai probably make guitars closer to Gibson though, the Edwards LP:s is in some ways more similar to the ESP Eclipse.

Not really. After the MIJ Orville (by Gibson), the MIJ Edwards comes closest to the Gibson feel. Lots of Japan copies (including Tokai and Burny) are now farmed out or made elsewhere.

Look out for Elite series Epiphones, still MIJ, like the Elitist, except with the proper headstock.

Dave, did you stop sleeping with your Edwards when you learned it was part Chinese?

Quote by cjstylez97
I'm seriously considering one of their Les Pauls.

Do it!

The folks over at http:\\www.mylespaul.com\forums\ speak very highly of them. They have a forum dedicated to MiJ LPs.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
I got my current Edward Explorer on sale price a while ago and I really like the quality this guitar has. For me the main selling point of this particular one was the long tenon neck joint. The only complain I had with this guitar was that the rosewood fretboard was not dark enough for my taste and it was finished with some coats of glossy polish. I had to sand the polish down to dye the fretboard. Now it looks like ebony and with natural wood surface on top.

I also owned an Edwards Les Paul in the past and it was very nice.

IMHO Edwards guitars still the best valued guitars in the market right now for Gibson/ESP copies. Especially for us living outside of the US where all else are so freaking expensive.

Of course I would advice you to try your luck to find a local deal. Importing these guitar from japan will cost a lots in shipping + custom fees.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by Ippon

Dave, did you stop sleeping with your Edwards when you learned it was part Chinese?

no that'd be racist
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Fenderexpx50
I'll put it this way, their guitars are so close to a Gibson that you can't legally sell them inside the U.S.
That's got nothing to do with the quality. That's about the shape of the body and headstock.

That said, Edwards are pretty nice, at least as far as I've been able to tell when I've tried them out. Not Gibson or MIA Fender or MIJ ESP nice, but better than most MIK guitars I've had and tried.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
yeah
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Ippon
Not really. After the MIJ Orville (by Gibson), the MIJ Edwards comes closest to the Gibson feel. Lots of Japan copies (including Tokai and Burny) are now farmed out or made elsewhere.

Tokai still have high-end production in their factory in Japan. "MIJ" Edwards is not very accurate, the tops are totally different from Gibson (Esp Eclipse-style) and the binding doesn't cover the edges of the frets on any model I've seen. However, if you're referring to MIC or MIK Tokai, then I'm with you - and calling a high-end Love Rock a copy somewhat implies that it is inferior, something that isn't true in either build quality, specs or reflected in the pricetag, even though it is a "copy" of the design.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
Quote by hminh87
I got my current Edward Explorer on sale price a while ago and I really like the quality this guitar has. For me the main selling point of this particular one was the long tenon neck joint. The only complain I had with this guitar was that the rosewood fretboard was not dark enough for my taste and it was finished with some coats of glossy polish. I had to sand the polish down to dye the fretboard. Now it looks like ebony and with natural wood surface on top.

I also owned an Edwards Les Paul in the past and it was very nice.

IMHO Edwards guitars still the best valued guitars in the market right now for Gibson/ESP copies. Especially for us living outside of the US where all else are so freaking expensive.

Of course I would advice you to try your luck to find a local deal. Importing these guitar from japan will cost a lots in shipping + custom fees.

The only possible way for me to get one is through importing...