Hello,

I am currently recording using my RP-155 guitar pedal that plugs straight into my laptop..

But my recordings sound so robotic and bad. Im not sure if its just because I am crap at playing guitar or that the straight connection from pedal to computer is giving it a "fake" and "robotic" and frankly crap feel.

I will get a recording up on here asap, but while i do that, is this something that people think might be happening? Or is it likely to be down to my playing?

P.S
When I am soloing over a backing track or somethingb, it sounds great! then once it is played back, it sounds terrible...
If your'e recording, you really need to get some proper kit to do it with, either an interface to connect to your computer or a multitracker.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
work on your preset i guess...usually a pedal configured to sound good with an amp behind it, sounds terrible recorded directly
sounds exactly like i thought it would...take out some highs and gain of your preset...tweaking sounds with digital equipment is really a pain...you have to experiment a lot
Quote by Jim #4
sounds exactly like i thought it would...take out some highs and gain of your preset...tweaking sounds with digital equipment is really a pain...you have to experiment a lot

This is true however you're recording - it's a skill like any other, it takes practice.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
put a new recording up.. I have changed the positions of the pickups for this.. and using a guitar hero microphone for the nintendo wii!! I think ti sounds improved sound quality wise, thoughts?
Quote by highdarren
put a new recording up.. I have changed the positions of the pickups for this.. and using a guitar hero microphone for the nintendo wii!! I think ti sounds improved sound quality wise, thoughts?

This thread isn't going to go well for you...

Anyways, I've found it extremely difficult to get a good gain tone out of my RP-350.

It just always seems so harsh and thin, so if you want to get a good distorted tone, you're going to have to try very hard with it
The quality isn't that bad IMO.. but im not sure thats why i am asking here... -.-
I think you have to look at aquiring a usb or firewire interface if you want to record your music. There are lots option available to you at very reasonable prices these days. I was in the same boat when i used to plug a V-Amp into my onboard audio card, it never sounded great either. I bought a cheap Line 6 interface a few yrs back and the quality of my recording got so much better. Its not gona make you sound like a ££££££studio out of the box you will still need some mixing chops to get everything to fit coming out of 2 speakers, but what it will do is cut out a lot of the unwanted noise you get from plugging straight into your laptop soundcard when tracking. The good thing about the Line 6 stuff it comes with the pod farm suite which for the most part is very usable and a great tool when tracking down your ideas.

My advice is throw the digitech on ebay and order a usb interface.