Hey, so I have a Yamaha RGX121 and I'd like to change my pickups to seymour duncan SH-8b invaders.
Now I have a few questions:
-Does anyone know where I can find one for a not too high price?
-My guitar has 2 humbuckers, which one do I have to change or do I have to change both?

thank you so much for helping!
You can get pickups cheaper second hand, look on ebay
I would say change both to keep a balanced output, but if you only use one pickup then that's the one to change.
Also, what amp are you using?
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
well if it's a SH-8b then the bridge pickup. The b stands for bridge, plus, i suppose the bridge pickup is the one you use mostly, so that would be the choice. I switched to an invader too last week, sounds great.
I'm using the roland cube 15x, since I don't have a high budget but I do have a effect pedal, I think I would improve my sound more with new pickups which are much better to play metal.
Most of the time I use my bridge pickup, however I sometimes use my neck pickup but only for clean parts actually
if you only use your neck pickup, for cleans, and not the middle position, then it's ok to change the bridge pickup. And also, what do you mostly play?
I mostly play metal, especially Avenged Sevenfold, that's why I really want an invader
where are you located? there are some cheaper companys that make very good pickups for 1/2 the price of Duncan/Dimarzio.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'm from Belgium, so here are not that much shops or so as far as I know to buy one
you can check Iron Gear pickups, they have pretty good quality pickups for a very resonable price.

I'm sure there are more, but someone else will need to help you on that (I'm from the US)
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well, I found a invader for $94,95 (incl shipping cost), I don't know if that is much or not for invaders, if not then maybe I'll take them
It is all up to you, US prices are diffrent. I dont want to be that guy, but have you thought about a new amp at all?

It is just you will notice only a slight diffrence with the Invaders through your Cube.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
To keep it in a resonable budget, the Peavey Vypyr Tube 60 1x12.

It is a modeling type amp, but has a tube power section that realy improves the sound over a standard modeler like your Cube.

What would your budget be if you did look for a new amp?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Well I'd rather not go over $120, but the reason I wanted to change pickups is because I want a real good sound for metal, and when I do dive bombs, my sound always fades away immediatly, they told me that is because of my pickups.
yeah $120 wont be near enough even used. If you really want to change pickups, do it. It deff wont hurt your tone.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
But will the change be worth the money? I mean, if it won't affect my sound clearly, I don't think it's worth to spend that much money on it
Quote by Lisa SG
But will the change be worth the money? I mean, if it won't affect my sound clearly, I don't think it's worth to spend that much money on it

It won't be remotely worth the money, to be honest it might even make your sound worse.

Invaders are pretty crappy pickups, they're too loud and they're muddy and indistinct. In certain situations they might do a job but in your situation any pickup change is going to be a massive disappointment.

Pickups aren't magic, they don't drastically change your sound in the way a different amp or a pedal will.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yes.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?