New amp coming Monday, unfortunately my custom cab won't be here for a few weeks. Can I plug some headphones into the new amp and enjoy it or do I have to have the cab.
I wouldn't bother, even if you could it'll sound like crap through headphones anyway and spoil the excitement. Just hang back and enjoy the suspense.
Quote by WtrPlyr
Quote by alans056
Maybe the price tag is clouding your judgment ?
yeah probably. Or the circuits.
NO without a load you'll blow the OT. You can hook it up to a PA/home stereo speaker. But the result will suck.

Do you have a combo amp? If so you can un hook the internal speaker and use that as a cab. All you have to do is hook a 1'4" jack to the speakers +/- jacks. Just make sure the Ohms are matching.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Are you talking about plugging headphones into the speaker out on the head? If so, no.

Does the head have a headphone jack? If so, it MAY work... depends on the amp. Some are designed so that the headphone jack breaks the connection to the speaker (vox 'lil night train) so you can play via headphones with no cab. But most amps are not like this.

If you're not 125% sure it will work, don't do it. You can fry the output transformer, and that's probably the most expensive component in the amp.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
All signs point to no
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
^ You're the guy who's 'Avatar vs Custom Cabs' thread got closed right? Sorry about that - I'm not sure why someone would have done that.

What cab did you decide to go with?

Generally speaking what most people are saying here is correct. It is just good advice to not plug headphones into a tube amp unless there is a headphone jack or the owners manual tells you otherwise. I looked at the Tubemeister handbook and didn't see anything about headphones.

(sometimes you can plug headphones into the FX send and be fine but I don't think I'd advise it)

Quote by Robbgnarly
NO without a load you'll blow the OT. You can hook it up to a PA/home stereo speaker. But the result will suck.

Do you have a combo amp? If so you can un hook the internal speaker and use that as a cab. All you have to do is hook a 1'4" jack to the speakers +/- jacks. Just make sure the Ohms are matching.

^ Actually - he had another thread asking if he could plug the head into his Fender Mustang but yes, always match ohms.

Also, the Tubemeister has this cool cab emulation function:

RED BOX
Invented by Hughes & Kettner, the RED BOx has
for years set the industry standard for analog guitar
DI boxes with built-in speaker emulation. It converts
the TubeMeister 18’s speaker out signal, which is
tapped post power amp and pre POWER SOAK,
into a balanced, frequency-compensated signal
that you can patch directly to a mixing console.
This signal it sounds very authentic, much like that
of a guitar amp, when rendered by a PA or studio
monitors,.
Use a microphone cord to patch this signal to a
mixing console. Make sure the mixing console’s xLR
input is set to line level. If the mixing console lacks
xLR inputs or if these cannot be set to line level, you
will need an xLR-to-6.3 mm-(1/4&rdquo-jack adapter
readily available in music stores. The channels’
MASTER settings directly affect the signal level, but
the selected POWER SOAK mode does not.