Page 1 of 2
Still searching. I've come pretty damn close to what I like. But due to monetary constraints I can't afford to buy everything I want.

Edit: My gear consists of an ADVT, Hardwire TL-2, Customised Les Paul with Suhr Aldridge humbuckers. Occasionally a Big Bad Wah is added.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Last edited by Oblivion_Rps at Jan 28, 2012,
Mine's great, but not perfect yet.

I need a 4x12 cab to achieve my perfect tone.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Quote by Matterazi
I guess I need a new amp Mine sucks. A lot. So terrible. Yeah.

I agree, I wish I had a better amp although, My amp did break and, just before a riot broke out and trashed the shop... I did get it fixed and the guy did put in a new/better part which made my Orange Crush Combo 30watt sound deeper/better... I still want a better amp.
Almost, only problem is my amp is just too damn bassy
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
It kinda sucks for metal. But when I put the gain up, roll down the tone knob and put it on the neck pickup....beautiful tone.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Still searching. I've come pretty damn close to what I like. But due to monetary constraints I can't afford to buy everything I want..

Pretty much this.

I need new tubes for my amp, and maybe an attenuator.
The neck pickup in my strat died recently so I'm going to have to fix that first though..
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Love it. Using a VOX AD50VT, no pedals.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Demon Wolf
Love it. Using a VOX AD50VT, no pedals.

The ADVTs are actually damn good amps. It's a shame they don't make 'em anymore.
Carmel is hawt
What I need is a new amp.

Gozd in gora poj,
silen ženimo hrup,
uboga gmajna, le vpup, le vkup,
le vkup, le vkup z menoj,
staro pravdo v mrak tulimo,
da se pretulimo skozi to zimo
I can get some decent tones out of it, but no boners so far.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
The ADVTs are actually damn good amps. It's a shame they don't make 'em anymore.

They don't?

Sucks. Love mine, very versatile and it sounds damn good without any pedals. I haven't even felt the need to get any.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I haven't yet purchased my high end amp or guitar. I'm going to figure out how to get a PRS into Australia, dammit.
West Ham United
Quote by Demon Wolf
They don't?

Sucks. Love mine, very versatile and it sounds damn good without any pedals. I haven't even felt the need to get any.

Yup. If I'm correct, they've upgraded to the VT. Which is essentially the ADVT but... Better? I don't know. I haven't used them.

I'm personally a huge fan of Engl and Blackstar amps.
Carmel is hawt
It's alright! Using a Epiphone G-400 and a Pod X3, mostly the Diezel VH4 model.
I think it's pretty freakin' awesome..

Last edited by BobDetroit at Jan 28, 2012,
Mine is made of magic and rainbows.

Although I've been meaning to treat it to some Curtis Novak pickups to make it even better.

It does everything but metal, and I have other guitars with humbuckers, anyway.

Although I don't have a specifically "metal" guitar. My semihollow is great for sludge, stoner, doom and post-metal, although it has really muddy pickups that I've been meaning to change for years. Since I didn't pay too much for it, I've been thinking GFS would be a good choice, but GFS has such a huge selection of humbuckers, particularly nontraditional ones (like their Retrotron series, and their standard-sized Fender Wide Range copies), that just getting a basic, versatile set is tough to do. :/

And my acoustic is just godly. I need to change the strings on it; they're really starting to sound dull. I got four packs of strings for it for Christmas, so I really have no excuse.

My SG is... Well, I don't play it anymore. I've been toying with the idea of making it fretless.

I can't say I have too many complaints about my POD HD500, especially since Line 6 seems far more dedicated to giving it firmware updates than they have in previous models. They're about to release what I believe is either the fourth or the fifth update, and while the only major update is the addition of a bass amp, a mic pre, and a Marshall Super Lead (both Normal and Bright inputs modeled), along with some stuff that might be major if you have a Variax and/or one of their DT-series amps.

The last one introduced variable input impedance, fixed a bunch of bugs, and also introduced a new noise gate that works better for tight palm-muted riffs. I haven't actually tried it out yet, but it seems to have mostly positive reactions, especially with the impedance and the Hard Gate. I'm planning on installing the driver for my HD500 on my new laptop today, then trying out the current firmware.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Jan 28, 2012,
I have 3 beautiful sounding guitars, my Jackson has an orgasmic overdriven lead, gives me goosebumps every time I play the comfortably numb solo.

My gretsch has an awesome bluesy crunch to it, which i use to record most of my rhythm guitar parts.

And lastly is my modified squier with some cheap-ass pickups (£30 for a set) which I originally bought to practice wiring and was so surprised with their quality, I never bothered buying new ones. Absolutely perfect for some funk and very clean stuff with a nice twang. They do sound like ass with any real gain though! Thats what you get with vintage style pickups though.

All this is from my Boss GT8 running straight into a PA system and out to two 30w speakers.
Quote by ShevanelFlip
that was not funny.

Not trying to be funny, just spreading that video around
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
Not trying to be funny, just spreading that video around

then you're jsut a terrible person who likes to ruin my threads

EDIT: SORRY DUDE, I taugh you were someone elese, my bad
Last edited by ShevanelFlip at Jan 28, 2012,
Love it, PRS custom 24 and a Fender MetalHead half stack.

EDIT: Nice guitar!
Last edited by rid_the_disease at Jan 28, 2012,
Quote by rid_the_disease
Love it, PRS custom 24 and a Fender MetalHead half stack.

Australia and it's crappy instrument distributors...
West Ham United
Nearly there, I need more crunch and grit. Need to get this tone:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYUzWZAkPLY
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
I'm liking the new HD500 firmware. Well, not new; the new one is coming out at some unspecified time in the near future, but yeah.
The natural tone of the guitar itself is great, and I get a pretty great tone through my amp. BUT the pickups are awful and I want new ones
Spin round carousel
When your horse isn't screwed in

I II III VI:1 VI:2
Pretty damn close, and I mean, REALLY CLOSE. You just always need a new amp, though my tone with my modded Tele can sound like a cross between Jerry Cantrell's and Brian May's distorted/overdriven tone. It cuts through a mix like butter with a lot of brightness yet a tight and heavy bass response and very little mids. It's not piercing at all, just bright. Try running a humbucker and a single coil together in series, it almost sounds out of phase but it isn't for some reason. I love it. Just need a tube amp, like a Vox Night Train but bigger.
Mine sounds pretty awesome in my opinion.

Gibson Les Paul Custom 68RI straight into a Marshall JVM410H through a 1960A Cab. Woud like to get a Mesa-Boogie Mark V and about 3 more guitars.
'And after a while, you can work on points for style.
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,
A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.'

'You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,
So that when they turn their backs on you,
You'll get the chance to put the knife in.'
Page 1 of 2