My band usually played in my garage, but it got too cold, so we moved inside. But for some reason, my amp head isn't working. It's a Sunn Sonara head from sometime in the mid to late 1960's, using the 4ohms speaker output on it to a 4x12 cabinet with Celson 75's. The tubes in it are RCA ones that look pretty old, but they still light up and all. Anyone have any clue what's wrong and how to fix it?
Ibanez
Universe UV777 Signed by Steve Vai
Prestige RG2027X with Bare Knuckle Aftermaths
RG7621 swirled
Prestige RG1420
AEL207E
is it still cold?

Does it do anything when you switch it on?

Do you have a multi meter? If so, pull the fuse out of the back and check continuity across the fuse and let us know if the fuse is still good. Sometimes they can look ok, but have a tiny break in the conductor.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

You finally made it home, draped in the flag that you fell for.
And so it goes
I brought it in last week and tried it again today, and when I switched standby to off there was a little pop and when I tried to play, my mom said she heard a little crackiling. I don't have a multi meter and I wouldn't trust myself with taking things out of an amp yet. Would it be worth it to take to a music store for them to check it out?
Ibanez
RG7621 swirled
Prestige RG1420
AEL207E
Yes. Take it to a tech. Make sure you get your own valves back, RCA's are worth a bit, and sound quite nice.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
So it does nothing now? No lights, no sound, nothing?

the fuse should be in a little holder on the back panel. You just twist the plastic piece and pull it out. You may be able to see if it's blown visually. You shouldn't even have to open the case to get to it.

Best bet is take it to a tech. If the fuse blew, there's a reason. Could just be a tube dying.
Quote by tubetime86
He's obviously pretty young, and I'd guess he's being raised by wolves, or at least humans with the intellectual capacity and compassion of wolves.

And so it goes
The tubes still light up, but there's no sound. This amp is being lent to me, and I don't know anything about them, so I don't wanna mess around with it.
Ibanez
RG7621 swirled
Prestige RG1420
AEL207E
well if the tubes glow, then the fuse is good. Looks like you'll have to get it checked out. It sounds like a tube issue to me.
Quote by tubetime86

And so it goes