Neat! I'd say the trickiest part would be finishing the body.
Moving on.....
It could potentially be a very nice guitar but for $500 you can buy a very nice used guitar too..

The only reason you should buy a build it yourself guitar is if you really want to build it yourself.
Quote by BobDetroit
It could potentially be a very nice guitar but for $500 you can buy a very nice used guitar too..

The only reason you should buy a build it yourself guitar is if you really want to build it yourself.

well, the reason i really want one of those is because i can choose exactly how i want it, and im building it to the same specs as my current guitar witch recently got ****ed up so bad i cant play it anymore (btw it comes to 800 with all the extra things)
No reason not to if you want to try it. You'll probably end up with a pretty good guitar.

Assembling a guitar (I don't like to say "building" with these kinds of things, you're not really building the guitar) is a great way to learn how a lot of things function and work. You'll be able much more confident on setting up and servicing a guitar after you put one together from parts and know how everything works together.

But like KenG said, finishing it will take some work. But outside of the finish, all the hard work and "easy to mess up" parts have been done for you (routing, measuring, drilling).
Last edited by al112987 at Jan 28, 2012,
Quote by moses132049
well, the reason i really want one of those is because i can choose exactly how i want it, and im building it to the same specs as my current guitar witch recently got ****ed up so bad i cant play it anymore (btw it comes to 800 with all the extra things)

what is it about this $800 guitar (plus finishing) can't you get from another?

i would ONLY get a guitar kit is i wanted to put together a guitar.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
I’ve seen them get pretty good reviews in magazines. Just make sure that you have a garage or some other ventilated indoor space where you can do the finishing/spray painting.
Quote by moses132049
its not the price i care about, i want to get a guitar with the same specifications as my current guitar

i understand. what i'm saying is that, that's a very standard style and functioning guitar.

What is so special about that guitar, that you can't get from a different thousand dollar guitar,
either off the shelf, or with a small amount of modding???
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011