Ok so I've been looking every where for a roland blues cube bc-60 but I can't find one anywhere, but I have managed to find a few of the blues cube bc-30's so I was wondering what are the differences between the two? I play a lot of srv, john mayer, eric clapton, jeff healey kind of blues so I was wondering would one of these amps get the tone I want? Thanks
"When the power of love over comes the love of power the world will know peace."
~Jimi Hendrix
I'm going to assume it's the 30 watt version. Interesting that you are looking for these amps, I don't think I've seen a Roland Blues Cube in quite some time. They're great sounding amps.
I know, they sound amazing but they are so hard to find!! I know that that ones the 30 watt, but are there any other differences other than the wattage?
"When the power of love over comes the love of power the world will know peace."
~Jimi Hendrix
Just ran a quick google search, looks like the 30 watt version doesn't have reverb.

One of my guitar teachers way back when used a Blues Cube 60 and it was a great amp. Roland has always made good solid state amps, I don't know what happened though to their cube series, the current tube line sounds like crap.
I know what you mean there, everything was good in the 90's, even the cartoons haha! If I wanted reverb I could get a pedal for that couldn't I? I don't use reverb much though so that won't be a problem.
~Jimi Hendrix
Yep, can get a reverb pedal and it should work just fine although there may not be an fx loop on the amp. It's not a huge issue, some people just like to put things like reverb in an fx loop.

Should be a great amp if you can get one on the cheap.
Get a Blues Junior or an 18W Marshall clone. Blues Cube ... hmmmmmph. Get a real blues amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
What do you mean by a marshall clone? And it needs to be loud enough to play a small gig if I wanted, not sure if 18 is enough.
~Jimi Hendrix
Quote by JakePlaysGuitar
What do you mean by a marshall clone? And it needs to be loud enough to play a small gig if I wanted, not sure if 18 is enough.

18 watts will do a gig fine, you just wont have much clean headroom.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
18 watts will do a gig fine, you just wont have much clean headroom.

Oh ok, but anyways would you recommend a roland for the tone I want or should I look at some other options?
~Jimi Hendrix
if you can find a roland, it will work fine, but the Blues Jr that Cathbard sugessted will do it much better.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Robbgnarly
if you can find a roland, it will work fine, but the Blues Jr that Cathbard sugessted will do it much better.

Any specific model or blues junior I should be looking at?
~Jimi Hendrix
it is a 15 watt all tube 1x12 combo. I think they have made a few revisions over the yrs, but they are all esentualy the same Fender amps.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
18W Marshalls are one of the most cloned amps there is. - mainly because they are great blues amps. If you want cleans that will keep up with a drummer as well then a JTM45 is a better option than the 18W'ers. They would be the other amp that would challenge the 18W'er for the title of "most cloned amp."
However, the Blues Jnr is also a great choice. it is more for your SRV type blues, the Marshalls for Beano and Gary Moore types of tones. For me the Marshalls > BJ but that is just my own particular taste.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
So what are some of the clones you'd recommend?
~Jimi Hendrix
Well my 18W clones of course but they may be a tad out of your pricerange. (see sig for link)
Otherwise:
http://www.valvepower.co.uk/18w_amp.htm
Most tube amps that say they are 18W are some form of Marshall clone or derivative thereof.

JTM45 clones are going to cost a fair bit more but Ceriatone make a good one. Available as complete amps or kits in various stages of completion:
http://ceriatone.com/productSubPages/BSJTM45/BSJTM45Complete.htm

However, you do list SRV first and if you want to get that type of tone go for a Fender Blues Junior.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Jan 28, 2012,
Wow a lot of these are out of my prce range haha it'll be a long time before I get that blues tone, I'm stuck with a spider line 6 15 watt for now
~Jimi Hendrix
Lol yeah, I really like the look of blonde amps, and should I go for tubes or could the right modeling amp do the job?
~Jimi Hendrix
The thing where a tube amp will beat a modelling amp is what we call talkback. That is the way the amp responds differently to different picking strengths. The harder you hit the strings the more it distorts. It's called talkback because it seems to be having a conversation with you and you never know exactly what it's going to say.
This is a huge advantage with a blues amp in particular as it allows you to be far more expressive. On the down side, it is less forgiving of bad technique. All variations with your right hand are accentuated. Beginners will often find that disconcerting, advanced players revel in it.
Plus of course they just sound better, especially if driving them into distortion.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
That's interesting I never knew that, I really appreciate all of the help you've gave me, I'm a total noob at amps, guess that's how I ended up with a spider.
~Jimi Hendrix
Quote by Cathbard
The thing where a tube amp will beat a modelling amp is what we call talkback. That is the way the amp responds differently to different picking strengths. The harder you hit the strings the more it distorts. It's called talkback because it seems to be having a conversation with you and you never know exactly what it's going to say.
This is a huge advantage with a blues amp in particular as it allows you to be far more expressive. On the down side, it is less forgiving of bad technique. All variations with your right hand are accentuated. Beginners will often find that disconcerting, advanced players revel in it.
Plus of course they just sound better, especially if driving them into distortion.

The big boy modelers have tons of touch sensitivity via a physical impedance loading circuit. 11r's and axefx II's have thus circuit, but nothing else apparently.

Although, between a blues Jr and a blues cube, get the fender. One of the epiphone valve series might work too, I think they have an 18 Watt clone or similar.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
Hmm could you give me a link to one of the epiphones?
~Jimi Hendrix