I can't seem to find any reviews on this acoustic guitar . I'm confident it's the guitar I want from a local shop. It looks and plays nice, but it'd be nice to see if anyone owns/played one to give me good/bad comments about it. Thanks!
Alvarez makes a great guitar for the money!
GuitarMoose.com StickyGrip Guitar Picks
Elixir Phosphor Bronze Guitar Strings
Takamine EG523SCB
Michael Kelly Spalted Maple
Blueridge BG 160
Bedell MB 28 G
Bedell TBCE 28 G
I have tried the AF30 (the version without the electronics). For the price, it seemed pretty well constructed. As for the tone, it was pretty thin and lacking.
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
Quote by tartoon82

You can take most online guitar reviews with a grain of salt. Certain phrases and cliches immediately raise red flags to me, for instance the reviewer says "...reminds me Clapton's sound on the unplugged album." Actually it in no way, shape, or form does it sound like a Martin 000-42.

"sounds like a guitar that costs two or three times the cost" In reality, I find something like the Yamaha FGX700sc sounds much richer in tone, for about the same price.
I'm the only player to be sponsered by 7 guitar companies not to use their products.
Last edited by BlackbirdPie at May 3, 2012,
Hi, I am the guy who wrote the review so i would just like to clarify a couple of points. I did say that it reminded me of Claptons tone on the unplugged album, however the keyword there is "reminded". In no way shape or form did i say that this guitar would "sound" like a guitar costing £4,199.00.

I have grown up with the Unplugged album and i am being honest when i say that when i first played the Alvarez that is what i thought. As i guy with limited means i can't say that i have had much experience with Martins or Taylors as my budget will only allow me to own entry level guitars which lets face it, the AF30ce is.

As for it sounding thin and lacking I don't know what to say, mine is full bodied and resonant, either i have had a fluke or the acoustic only that you played was a dud.

I cant make a comparison with the Yamaha model that was mentioned, but i have played my friends APX500, over which the Alvarez wins hands down, so much so that my friend is selling the Yamaha to buy the AF30ce after trying mine.
Last edited by mokkie_blaylcoc at May 3, 2012,
Quote by mokkie_blaylcoc
Hi, I am the guy who wrote the review so i would just like to clarify a couple of points. I did say that it reminded me of Claptons tone on the unplugged album, however the keyword there is "reminded". In no way shape or form did i say that this guitar would "sound" like a guitar costing £4,199.00.

I have grown up with the Unplugged album and i am being honest when i say that when i first played the Alvarez that is what i thought. As i guy with limited means i can't say that i have had much experience with Martins or Taylors as my budget will only allow me to own entry level guitars which lets face it, the AF30ce is.

As for it sounding thin and lacking I don't know what to say, mine is full bodied and resonant, either i have had a fluke or the acoustic only that you played was a dud.

I cant make a comparison with the Yamaha model that was mentioned, but i have played my friends APX500, over which the Alvarez wins hands down, so much so that my friend is selling the Yamaha to buy the AF30ce after trying mine.

You're absolutely right, so I'll rephrase my response.

Actually, in no way, shape, or form does the tone remind me of Clapton's tone on the unplugged album.

I agree with you, in my opinion I would rate the tone AF30 better than the Yamaha APX500, but I prefer the tone of the Yamaha FGX700 over either of them.
Last edited by BlackbirdPie at May 4, 2012,
Soo blessed...This Los Angeles guitarist recently got endorser price by the very nice people at Alvarez;and now own a AF30CE with the most truthful sounding B-Band SYS250 preamp 4-band EQ system with a LCD display fully chromatic precision built-in digital tuner.The B-Band company makes transducers act in much the same way a condenser microphone does. This results in excellent reproduction of REAL & TRUTHFUL acoustic guitar's unique sound.Mega thanks from my truthful sounding heart to Mr.Räisänen of B-Band http://www.b-band.com/ and specially http://www.alvarezguitars.com/