so im going to be building a rangemaster/beano boost clone for my friend. he wants the bass/mid/treble switch from the beano, does anyone have gutshots of a beano showing how the switch is wired/what value caps analogman uses?

any other suggestions on the build are much appreciated as well. right now it looks like im gonna be using an oc44 from smallbear, metal film resistors, not sure what caps yet...
all in a 1590a enclosure.

thanks!
Quote by SGRocker400
so im going to be building a rangemaster/beano boost clone for my friend. he wants the bass/mid/treble switch from the beano, does anyone have gutshots of a beano showing how the switch is wired/what value caps analogman uses?

any other suggestions on the build are much appreciated as well. right now it looks like im gonna be using an oc44 from smallbear, metal film resistors, not sure what caps yet...
all in a 1590a enclosure.

thanks!

seems like its just switchable input caps on an on/off/on switch.
mojostompboxes.com
Yeah, it should just be adding a cap in parallel to the input cap. I don't know what values analogman uses, but on a rangemaster I built with just a mid switch, I tried values ranging from 10nF to 22nF or so. Just be careful not to go too high or it might get kind of flubby.
You'll want an on/off/on spdt switch. One cap goes on the board in the normal place (this will be the one that's active when the switch is in the Off position). The middle lug of the switch goes to one side of this cap. Put the other caps on each outside lug of the switch. The two legs that are left of these caps go to the other side of the cap on the board (to the opposite side of the cap that the middle lug of the switch is connected to).

I could draw up something if that's too confusing but if you follow it one step at a time it should go right.

As for values, I can't remember. I want to say they were .0068uf, .047uf, and .01uf. I'm just really guessing. I've had a few of these on my workbench but I never really took note of the cap values.