So, the other day I exhcanged my PRS SE Mikael Akerfeldt Signature for this beautiful

LTD EC-1000

So I picked up the EC-1000, then I was in a local pawn shop and I found this beauty.
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100
Peavey 5150 2x12 60watt combo
Orange Micro Terror
Jet City Made in USA 2x12
An LTD MH-400 from 06'

Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Orange Micro Terror

And now to the family shots.

Okay, so I may have gone a little overboard with the pics.. but come on I had two to show..

And for the review:

LTD EC-1000

I love the locking tuners, they're great. I was a little apprehensive at first about getting a guitar with EMG's but I figure, if it comes down to it, I can sell them and get something else.

The 81/60 set is actually pretty good. I like the sounds I can get out of it, and I can actually get a pretty decent clean sound from the neck pickup.

The guitar is a dream to play as well, I really like the ebony fretboard and just how smooth it is to play on. I put new strings on, adjusted the action, truss rod, and everything else and this guitar screams. I love everything about it.

The sustain, this thing just holds notes like it's nobody's business, which is a huge change from my Squier Strat, which had little to no sustain, especially on the higher frets.

Overall I love the guitar. And I won't be getting rid of it anytime soon.

The LTD MH-400

When I got the thing it was in shit condition, had a huge sticker covering most of the body, and was in a bad shape. But, I bought it, brought it home,. cleaned it up, took the sticker off, put new strings on it, and set it up. It now plays like a dream, and for the $250 I spent on it, I'm not complaining at all.

This guitar is also a dream to play, the ESP thin-u neck is ****ing fantastic, it is by far the most comfortable neck I've ever played on. Not to thick like a Schecter, and not to wide like the Wizard necks from Ibanez.

The 81 on this one sounds a little better than the one in my EC-1000, but that may be because I've got it tuned lower.. I don't know. This guitar is just as good as my EC-1000 deluxe. And it has grover tuners, which I've noticed the newer models don't anymore. I thought that was pretty cool.

The Floyd Stays in tune really well. so far as I can tell, I never use the whammy bar, but I'm pretty sure it could take some Divebombs if it came down to it.

I think I may like this one a little more than my EC-1000, it's just a perfect guitar for me. Except for the fact that it has a floating trem.

Overall

I'm really impressed with these "budget" guitars. In terms of quality, they destroy any of the lower end Ibanezes.

I just can't wait to get my hands on a real ESP. One day when I get some cash I'll invest in a couple.

I hope these reviews were good enough, ask any questions if you have them!
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Orange Micro Terror
Last edited by BeastModeEngage at Jan 28, 2012,
How did this happen actually? Who was our idiot who gave these for a prs se ?
Quote by cemges

He traded the PRS for EC, bought the MH from a pawn shop.

TS, really nice finds, for the money I guess. I really didn't like the ESP LTD EC's neck at all when I tried a 1000-series Vintage Black Eclipse out.
Then I thought that the ESP could be different. I went to the local store because they had apparently one of those ESP EC Gloss Black CTM models. I liked pretty much everything else than the contoured body and the feel of the neck. It did feel better than ESP LTD EC-1000 though, so if you like your LTD, I'm sure the ESP would be even better for you. The build quality was of course very impressing and the tone through a Marshall Vintage Modern was really nice. What that tryout made me realize is that I need active pickups for my LP
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

Last edited by Sakke at Jan 28, 2012,
Quote by cemges

Bought the PRS from a guitar store, brought it back because I didn't like it. Exchanged it for the EC-1000 and paid the difference.

I picked the MH-400 up at a pawnshop.
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Orange Micro Terror
Quote by Sakke
What that tryout made me realize is that I need active pickups for my LP

Don't do it. Les Paul + Active pickup= Insult to Lester William Paul.

(I talk about an actual Les Paul) Btw: Zakk Wylde is exception because he uses chicken pick which is a technic for country and plays country awesomely with it, so that this guitar is perfect match for him. You know that Les Paul was a Great Country player and that guitar is also was perfect for country, and also was a big part of rock 'n roll history, with it's smooth alnico humbuckers. Zakk Wylde is a perfect combination of country and metal and so is his guitar.
Last edited by cemges at Jan 28, 2012,
Quote by guitarhead911
Beautiful....Happy NGD
& let me guess....u play......METAL? naahhh

I actually don't, I play pop-punk, I'll prrobably be making pickup swaps in the near future.

Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Orange Micro Terror
Quote by cemges

What on earth are you talking about?
How am I insulting him by getting new pickups for my Les Paul Studio? Please tell me.
I guess you think that Ibanez guitars are the best metal budget guitars to exist.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

1000's are pretty damn good guitars.

But may i ask, why you've traded and paid the difference for a 1000 with EMG's when you're playing pop-punk?

Quote by cemges

Its okay for Zakk Wylde because he chicken picks? Big whoop nobody cares.

Edit:
The more you post on EG, the more you show your ignorance.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 28, 2012,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Its okay for Zakk Wylde because he chicken picks? Big whoop nobody cares.

Yeah... Seriously, cemges, I hope you're trolling.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard

Quote by Sakke

I guess you think that Ibanez guitars are the best metal budget guitars to exist.

Where did you get that idea from? I suppose it is your own idea. Look, one does not simply buy a Gibson Les Paul to play only punk metal or so heavy stuff. That guitar must be able to play such genres, as well as what it is known for. You must be able to play metal and heavy rock, but also blues, maybe jazz, country, and else. Also pop with EMG's? Come on.
Quote by Sakke

Yeah... Seriously, cemges, I hope you're trolling.

I talk about his signature guitar, not himself. An Esp Eclipse with EMG's are simply made for metal. But an actual Gibson Les Paul is totally a different concept
Quote by cemges
Where did you get that idea from? I suppose it is your own idea. Look, one does not simply buy a Gibson Les Paul to play only punk metal or so heavy stuff. That guitar must be able to play such genres, as well as what it is known for. You must be able to play metal and heavy rock, but also blues, maybe jazz, country, and else. Also pop with EMG's? Come on.

I have planned to play metal/hard rock only with my LP.
I'll be getting another guitar if I'm going to play anything lighter than that. I've got an acoustic for other stuff. I really highly doubt that Gibson Les Paul is meant to play anything else than metal. You can use it for anything you want if the guitar fits you. I know guitarists that use Ibanez RGs for Jazz and guitarists who use Fender Thinlines for hard rock and metal. Guitar suits guitarist.

And, just to add, you think that EMGs only suit metal guitarists? How about Gilmour or Lukather?
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard

Quote by cemges

Van Halen wasn't allowed to play hard rock because he had a strat, which is used in blues and country and he wasn't allowed use a strat trem like a flyod because the floyd hadn't been invented yet.

Worst logic ever.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Van Halen wasn't allowed to play hard rock because he had a strat, which is used in blues and country and he wasn't allowed use a strat trem like a flyod because the floyd hadn't been invented yet.

Worst logic ever.

You don't reed it. I said, an actual gibson les paul must be able to play everything, as metal, rock, punk, as well as blues, jazz and country. You can't do these with EMG's.
This thread is getting more and more derailed. So i'll just get straight to the point.

Just because a guitar has EMG's doesn't mean you have to play metal.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
This thread is getting more and more derailed. So i'll just get straight to the point.

Just because a guitar has EMG's doesn't mean you have to play metal.

Yeah, I actually said that up there.

Anyway, TS, I didn't congratulate you. So Happy New Guitar Day x2!
Hope those guitars serve you well. Make sure you go try out those ESP ECs in the future. Might fit you even better than the LTD
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard

Ummm if someone has a Gibby LP they can do whatever the f*ck they want to it. It doesn't ''have'' to be capable of playing everything. I never play country or jazz so why try to make my guitar suited to those genres? I play with passive EMGs and have had guitars with actives in the past. I've used them with church groups, metal bands, hard rock bands, a White Stripes cover set, and i occasionally jam on some blues. Whoever said that just because a guitar has actives it can't be versatile is trolling. I'm actually planning to get a Les Paul copy, probably higher line of Agile and drop some SD Blackouts in them. Versatile? I think so.
Sorry for the double post, but ignorant people piss me off. Happy New Guitar Day X2! I'm jealous. Congrats on having two new gorgeous guitars!
I say flowers are red and people think I am saying that a bird doesn't exist. EMG 81 with ceramic pickups and a high output is not ideal for jazz or blues or pop or etc. Nor Black Out Metals which are made for Metal.
No, people are saying things because you mad a badly worded comment about why people shouldn't put active pickups into a Gibson Les Paul because it should be able to play anything pretty much. My comment was why should it HAVE to be able to play those styles if the guitarist doesn't play country or jazz? The guitarist should do what suits them best. If a guy wants to put EMGs into his Les Paul Studio because it fits his style of playing, he should do it. All depends on the player, what they like and how they use their equipment.
Quote by shecter guy
No, people are saying things because you mad a badly worded comment about why people shouldn't put active pickups into a Gibson Les Paul because it should be able to play anything pretty much. My comment was why should it HAVE to be able to play those styles if the guitarist doesn't play country or jazz? The guitarist should do what suits them best. If a guy wants to put EMGs into his Les Paul Studio because it fits his style of playing, he should do it. All depends on the player, what they like and how they use their equipment.

Thanks for repeating what I said earlier. cemges doesn't really pay attention to my or anyone else's posts as a whole, only reads a few lines from them. And Blackouts are indeed versatile, however, I tend to find them different from EMG's combinations so that's why I'm not getting them. I need a nice dual mode humbucker in neck and a solid humbucker in the bridge.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard

I'm glad this thread got totally derailed...
Austin Les Paul
Alvarez Acoustic

Orange Micro Terror
Beautiful guitars! I hope my soon-to-arrive MH-200 is as nice as your 400! HNGD!
Vintage V100 Les Paul Icon Gold Top
Indie Shape "Black Jack" Special Edition
ESP LTD MH-200
Stagg Dreadnought Acoustic
Peavey Vypyr 15 modeling amp
We have an MH-400 in the same finish at my local L&M. Nice guitars, and if you don't like the trem you can always block it and have a hard tail that holds tune like crazy.
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Looks great!

Can I have one? Please?
Go on, be cool...
Obligatory gear list
Guitars
Ibanez SZ4020 w/BKP Miracle Man set
Cort X-11 w/EMG 85+81
Tanglewood TSB58 HB w/BKP Nailbomb & Cold Sweat
Epiphone SG Prophecy w/Seymour Duncan/Ibz
Basses
Indie Swamp 4
Ibanez BTB 775 PB
Amps
Engl Screamer 50
Quote by cemges
You don't reed it. I said, an actual gibson les paul must be able to play everything, as metal, rock, punk, as well as blues, jazz and country. You can't do these with EMG's.

I was trying not to say anything, but you're just straight up an idiot.

Read UG threads, and try not to post on them, unless you actually know what you're talking about. Give it a while, and you'll actually learn a lot.

TS: Congrats! Welcome to the club!

Older LTD's really are very good. The new stuff they put out just isn't up to par. I'm probably going to sell my MH-400, even though it's from the same time period as your MH-400, my even older H-301 is just so much better. More comfortable, way better sounding wood, etc..
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Sweet! Switch out the EMG on one of them and you will have a VERY versatile combo on your hands.

I am aiming to get this combo myself someday but with the ESP Standard Eclipse/Horizon. Hopefully it will somehow cure my GAS illness. Some day... some day...!
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by hminh87
Sweet! Switch out the EMG on one of them and you will have a VERY versatile combo on your hands.

I am aiming to get this combo myself someday but with the ESP Standard Eclipse/Horizon. Hopefully it will somehow cure my GAS illness. Some day... some day...!

When you get those, you can go ahead and give me your Edwards EX
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
daaaaaamn, that is the purdyest shade of blue on that MH! looks to be ding free, pretty good for being 6 yrs old. and nice choice on the EC! LTD offers about 5 different finishes on their ECs that i want, silverburst being one of them. that silver neck looks pretty sick!! enjoy your aquistions!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

HNGDx2. both are nice guitars. i owned an EC400, stepped up to the EC1000, bought an EC401 sold/traded them all. did make money on them though. they are nice solid guitars. LTD makes some nice lower end instruments.

i hope you get some massive enjoyment.

WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/