Hello,

I just recorded a cover of Unholy Confessions by Avenged Sevenfold to test some recording-techniques, EQ etc. And wanted your opinion on quality etc.

http://soundcloud.com/kergash/twist-of-faith-unholy

Equipment used;
Shure SM57 used to mic up my Koch Twintone II with a Ibanez TS9 in front. Sent this through a Mbox II, and used ProTools LE8 to edit and such. Drums are Superior Drummer 2.0.

Guitar: ESP Horizon II
Bass: Ibanez MDB1 (Plugged this directly into the soundcard. One track is EQ'd to almost only Low End, and one track is EQ'd only to Mid-range, with heavy distortion.)

Let me know what you think guys
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.
Last edited by Kergash at Jan 28, 2012,
sweet cover man !
i haven't listened to this song in a long time and this track you have made is amazing !
Pretty good man. I think the guitar tone could be a little tighter. Mayber adjust your lowpass/highpass in the eq? Other than that it sounds pretty good.
Hey man! First off, thanks for the positive feedback on my cover. Great job on this cover. I love how you included the bass especially that little slide it does during the chorus. Overall, great job. My only complaint is just a little timing issue at the beginning of the track. However, you nailed the pinch harmonics well, you panned out the guitars well, you added the little guitar harmony during the chorus well, heck you did a lot of things well. Better than my cover lol :P keep on rockin' man and keep me posted with any new videos you put up! \m/
Hi Kergash
I think you did a good job with the tones and your recording techniques. I think the bass drum could be just a tad louder, but as far as the EQing and actual production quality I think it sounds good. The mix is fine. All of your guitar playing is tight too! My only gripe is where are the vox? Shadows has big shoes to fill I know haha but IMO adding vocals to a cover song is what really puts it on a new level from tons of other covers who don't vox.. Even if they don't turn out amazing, I think it's still better overall. Heck maybe I'll do the vox for you haha I love this song.. When you go to C4C me, if you look for it you will also be able to find on my channel a video called "Riff of the week 2/3/2012 Coheed and Cambria Crossing the Frame" and in the first 5 seconds of the video you can hear me scream a little bit haha. Enjoy

C4C:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1517112
Quote by cm880999
Hi Kergash
I think you did a good job with the tones and your recording techniques. I think the bass drum could be just a tad louder, but as far as the EQing and actual production quality I think it sounds good. The mix is fine. All of your guitar playing is tight too! My only gripe is where are the vox? Shadows has big shoes to fill I know haha but IMO adding vocals to a cover song is what really puts it on a new level from tons of other covers who don't vox.. Even if they don't turn out amazing, I think it's still better overall. Heck maybe I'll do the vox for you haha I love this song.. When you go to C4C me, if you look for it you will also be able to find on my channel a video called "Riff of the week 2/3/2012 Coheed and Cambria Crossing the Frame" and in the first 5 seconds of the video you can hear me scream a little bit haha. Enjoy

C4C:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1517112

Hi,

the reason for not adding vocals is that I can neither scream nor sing, so Im in a bit of pickle there. I've tried to find someone to do them for me, but noone was up for the task. :p So if you wanna put some vocals on the track, go ahead, Im excited to see how it sounds!
Gear:
ESP Horizon II
LTD EC-1000
Ibanez MDB1

Morgan BC40
Koch Twintone II

Quote by -xCaMRocKx-

YouTube: more morons than Yahoo Answers and more hate than 4chan. It's the Internet's premier breeding ground of complete idiocy.