Both iconic, faceless, silent killers who represent the inevitable force of nature that is death. You can run but somehow it'll always pop out of the shadow behind you slowly creeping up. Yet they're different in a very big way:

Michael Myers' blank mask is the perfect representation of what he is: an emotionless sociopath who is compelled to kill. Loomis paints him to be the pure embodiment of evil. Part of the horror is not knowing why he kills. He just does. Why do we die? We just do and there is no reason. We're powerless. It's very cold and existential. The other thing is that on his blank mask we project our own fears to personalize the fear. Creepy.

With Jason, conversely, we don't have a perpetual killer, but rather a perpetual victim. He was ostracized by everyone but his mother. The cool kids who belittled him and demeaned him allowed him, an innocent child, to die. And when his mother gets revenge for him, he sees his mother decapitated. He is a character that kills out of his personal anguish and to avenge his own suffering. Every outcast's dream: to bring a reckoning to those that ridicule and hurt them.

Which, to you, is better/scarier/etc.?
#DTWD
kruger
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Haven't seen either.
¯\_(ツ_/¯
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

I think they are one in the same. Jason is more stalkerish whereas mike is a mental patient. This is like the Tiger vs Dragon scenario
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
I'd actually pay to see Chuck Norris fight both of them.
Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

- Berthold Auerbach

Quote by jbridge90
Wow, being surrounded by all of these humourless, pussy-whipped virgins is starting to make me sick.

Check out my band!
None of them are scary since both of them aren't real, there's a load of real things to be scared of...
Quote by Orryn
None of them are scary since both of them aren't real, there's a load of real things to be scared of...

Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
Jason scares me more, but neither have anything on Freddy.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by bastards
I think they are one in the same. Jason is more stalkerish whereas mike is a mental patient. This is like the Tiger vs Dragon scenario

...Tiger vs dragon?

Surely a dragon wins every time?

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Michael Myers all the way, he's the perfect blank slate to project fears of death onto.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
Me.
I shall grant you three wishes.

None of which will work.

Does the above post enrage, offend or confuse you?

Good.

I like my women how I like my guitars. Curvy and like it when I finger them.
Michael Myers>Jason Vorhees

I wrote a 10 page report on why the first Halloween movie was such a good film and the impact it had on our culture and what movies people like. In short, Jason Vorhees may well have not become the notable character he is today if it wasn't for movies like Halloween and Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Tiger ftw

OT: Myers is more scary, Jason's more creepy
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
Jaco.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

By the time that Mike got his first kill, Jason was getting beat up at summer camp

So of course Mike Myers is better

Plus, Myers killed Jamie Lee Curtis and I hate that she-man
Last edited by xSheogorathx at Jan 28, 2012,
Regan MacNeil.

OT: I like the concept of Myers better personally. I think it's much more explainable; it's darker and deeper. Neither one really ever scared me, though.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by vicarious46
Michael Myers>Jason Vorhees

I wrote a 10 page report on why the first Halloween movie was such a good film and the impact it had on our culture and what movies people like. In short, Jason Vorhees may well have not become the notable character he is today if it wasn't for movies like Halloween and Texas Chainsaw Massacre

+1

I personally find Myers and the first two Halloweens to be terrifying. Annie's death scene has stuck with mr for almost 20 years now. Still occasionally check my backseat when getting in my car. And the ending of the first film is one of the best movie endings of all time. Top 5. Book it.
#DTWD
Leatherface. That is all.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Jiggzy.UK
...Tiger vs dragon?

Surely a dragon wins every time?

It's a japanese thing that simulates the two (very) different styles of combat. The dragon symbolizes darting, angled attacks and the Tiger symbolizes the straightforward and vicious attacks

...I think that's how it goes. Jason and Michael are sort of one in the same but their intentions are where the symbolism applies
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
Quote by primusfan
+1

I personally find Myers and the first two Halloweens to be terrifying. Annie's death scene has stuck with mr for almost 20 years now. Still occasionally check my backseat when getting in my car. And the ending of the first film is one of the best movie endings of all time. Top 5. Book it.

That movie is full of so many classic, terrifying scenes... the long scene were Laurie is crossing the street and going to investigate the house where Michael is may be one of the most tense scenes ive seen in a movie. The whole time you're like MICHAEL'S FUCKING IN THERE DONT GO IN THE DARK HOUSE!

The first time I saw a Halloween movie was the 2nd one, right where the trick-o-treater gets crushed between the two cars. It just so happened that I was about 9 yrs old, and about to go out trick o treating on Halloween. I was scared shitless the whole time
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Michael Jackson was scarier than both of them.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I haven't seen either except for parts of one of the Friday the Thirteenth films (which wasn't very good).

That being said, I like the Jason scenario better. I need to see Halloween though.
I read the opening line about Myers being a silent killer, then it finally clicked.

This isn't the one you mean...

Although, in his own way...
This is a tough one. I was born on a Friday the 13th and my name begins with a J. Mike Myers on the other hand is my favorite series of movies of all time. Picking one over the other would be like deciding over which one of my kids to kill. Thank god I don't have kids so I'm gonna go with both and get them into a tornado tag team match with Hellraiser and Kruger. In that match I take Myers and Jason.