What kind of room specifications should i look for when recording at home? A smaller room were the sound kind of echos or a larger room?
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
The best type of room to record in is a quite one....

On a serious note it's kind of hard to answer your question, I'm new to recording myself but as I understand it some rooms provide more reverb then others and depending on the humidity can make notes seem to hang longer etc etc. So it all depends what type of characteristics you want to add to your tone when you're recording.

But if I had to pick one a small room, with the microphone as close as possible to the source of sound is the best. It will give you the cleanest recording and prevent things like room size effecting your sound.

If you want effects like reverb you can just add them in when you're doing your mixing.

But take what I say with a grain of salt, as I said I'm new to recording myself.
It depends on what you're looking for. If you want the natural reverb of the room, listen with a room mic for what you want. If you want to add reverb while mixing, then you want a dry room and directly mic the guitar.
Quote by WCPhils
According to that chart, women like men with a Pringle canister down there.
Michael Kelly Patriot Glory
Ibanez RG8
Blackstar HT 20 w/ Jet City cab
whole bunch o' pedals
I tend to record in my bathroom, believe it or not. A fair amount of reverb, it sounds awesome.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
A church.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
Bathrooms have sweet acoustics, my dinning room is all hardwood so I play my acoustic guitar in there as well. Both rooms sound good for it :P
A treated one.

Depends on what you're going for though I guess. I tend to strive for a more dead sound and adding the room with reverb and IRs later, since that gives you more tonal control over the sound of just the acoustic. But, if the room sounds good and has nice natural reverb that doesn't muddy up the sound, or give you too much highs from all the reflections, you might as well give it a shot.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com