Squire fell and broke in two pieces... -Sigh- I went out and got these proline locks for both my guitars. Im not quite sure how to use them. Ive got them installed but im not sure if i put my strap in one of two places.

The is a threaded part where a bolt and washer fit on. Do i put the strap on this part and lock it with the bolt?
OR
There is a part that i can remove. You can remove it and it unlocks and basically leaves an ordinary strap button. Should i put it on the strap button and than put the locks back on?
If its the 2nd one than what are the bolts and washers for?? The directions werent very clear. Ive never used locks :/
The is a threaded part where a bolt and washer fit on. Do i put the strap on this part and lock it with the bolt

^This part.
Heres a video that will help you http://youtu.be/A4QWKSKnaaM

Once you have them figured out its fairly straightforward. I definitely recommend using a socket or spanner to tighten the nut as it will undo itself if you only do it finger tight.

One more thing to keep in mind is that some straps, especially leather ones, have small holes and the straplock can push them open as you tighten it. Sometimes they can pop off the back of the straplock. If this is the case with your strap, just take a sharp xacto knife or razorblade and enlarge the hole until its not being pushed open when you fit the lock.