Here's a little something I recorded using the drum machine and looper on the zoom g3.

I've only been recording for a couple months so I'm not that great at it yet, but I can tell I'm improving.

www.soundcloud.com/kutlessfromug/in-the-clouds

C4C?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by sanjinator17
I like it, but I think the guitar sounds weak in some places. I dont know if thats just me.

Thanks,

Like it said, I'm pretty new to recording so I'm really not great at mixing guitars together and stuff like that.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Idk man this song just doesn't do anything for me. The chords used in the arpeggio are pretty cookie cutter I think, the solo has its spots but it doesn't go anywhere...theres no solid movement to it. Maybe this kinda thing just isn't my style of music but I think you can improve on this. Also the guitars sound kinda tinny. Did you direct in? Im kinda new to recording myself but iv just been recording to a micd amp..I think it sounds more natural. Maybe try that?

Sorry for the bad crit but Im trying to be honest. Heres mine tho if u wanna take a look https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1515490
Yeah , the progression is ok, but the lead guitar, sounds more like your improvising over a backing track rather than a song, maybe you could give this song a direction, its like it has not shape if u know what I mean
kutless, as one who uses a looper in my songs I understand the limitations of what you are working with. It's a basic rhythm machine and improvised playing, so no need to comment on that.

I would suggest perhaps a warmer jazz tone (neck pup) for the lead line. That way the guitar parts won't sound so thin. Also after laying down the basic rhythm, try noodling around a bit with some different tones, maybe some spacy FX, and put in some simple sparse overdubs to give the loop some flavor before playing the lead improv.

Try to use the max loop time (40sec on the G3) for the rhythm (arpeggios in this case). That way you can add some variety to the overdubs and make the song sound a bit less repetitive in the background part.

There was a sour bend here and there but overall a nice track. Keep up the good work! If you want to review one of my songs check the original recording link below.
i enjoyed listening to this. it was a little sloppy and trebly. but it was happy, and i enjoy happy music! i was waiting for you to play a certain lead lick the whole time.... i could hear it the whole time and you never played it. its now stuck in my head.
here what i would do... youre just jamming over a single chord progression. so its not really a song. you should listen to the song carvel by john frusciante, if you already havent, and rip off those chord progressions and change the key, just so you have more to jom over. the same one gets redundant after a while.

106 was almost the lick i wanted to hear going back for a second listen